Student Government Association
2022/2023 SGA Executive Board
Click the name to send an email to an individual officer or CoppinSGA@student.coppin.edu to email the general board.
- President: Camryn Durant
- Secretary: Kyndall Johnson
- Business Manager: Amara N. Evans
- Chief Justice: Anthony C. Amalaha
- Chief of Staff: Khala Cameron
Purpose of the Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) shall serve as the supreme governing body of the undergraduate student population. The general purpose of the SGA shall be to:
- Provide for the broad involvement and effective representation of all undergraduate students.
- Promote communication and relationships between the administration, students, faculty, alumni and surrounding community.
- Advocate for the advancement, general freedom and welfare of the student body.
- Guarantee an active and intimate student voice in student and university decisions.
- Manage funds derived from the student activity fee to sponsor events that promote the intellectual, cultural, political and social development of the student population.
- Serve as a mechanism whereby student may properly discuss opinions, views, and aspirations with the expectation that they will be acted upon in the appropriate manner.
- Preserve ideals and traditions in order to promote school spirit, encourage school pride and motivate the improvement of the campus.
- Work to defend and preserve the rights and privileges of student.
- Execute to the fullest extent the authority, responsibilities and duties thus entrusted.
- Engage in all necessary steps to protect the welfare of the student body.
Petition for Funds
Student organizations who are registered with the office of Campus Life may request funding from the Student Government Association. Please see form for details regarding the requests.