Non-degree Students Admissions

Mon-Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Miles Connor Bldg. 1st Floor
(410) 523-7351

Have you developed a recent interest you want to explore? Or maybe you want to take one class before committing to a full program? Consider taking one or more undergraduate or graduate courses as a non-degree student—that way you don’t have to worry about finding the time and money to earn a full degree!

As a non-degree student, you can take up to 55 credits before you must change to degree-seeking status. Remember, you must find your own funding to pay for courses because non-degree students are not eligible for federal financial aid.

Are you employed? Check with your employer about tuition remission or reimbursement options!

What do I need to apply as a non-degree student?

In addition to your non-degree application, we need some additional information. Read carefully to decide what supplemental documentation best applies to you and your situation and then submit one of the following:

  • Official final high transcript with verification of graduation
  • High school diploma or documentation
  • GED or high school equivalency
  • Official college transcript from a regionally accredited institution that includes verification of your high school graduation

How do I change my status from a non-degree student to a degree-seeking student?

Ready to commit to a full program? We make it easy for non-degree students to be considered for degree-seeking admissions. We’re looking for non-degree students with:

  • 2.0 or higher Coppin grade point average (GPA) and
  • 12 or more Coppin credits

Here’s what our Office of Admissions needs from you

  • Complete admission application
  • Official transcripts from all schools or institutions attended