It is the mission of the Coppin State University Police Department (CSUPD) to improve the human condition by providing a safe environment in which to learn, work, and visit. The CSUPD is committed to cultivating a relationship of collaboration and trust with our students, faculty, staff, and visitors by maintaining open, respectful communication and partnerships while providing the highest level of customer service and protection to our Campus Community. We will maintain the highest level of professionalism and readiness while remaining open to critique. As the vision of public safety continues to evolve, we pledge to always keep the safety of our Coppin Campus Community as our top priority.
Are you concerned about your or another person's immediate safety? Dial 911 or call Campus Police at 410.951.3911.
Run, Hide, Fight, Surviving an Active Shooter Event
- Have an escape plan in mind
- Evacuate regardless of whether others agree to follow
- Leave your belongings behind
- Help others escape, if possible
- Prevent individuals from entering an area where the active shooter may be
- Keep your hands visible
- Follow the instructions of any police officers
- Do not attempt to move wounded people
- Call 911 when you are safe
- Be out of the active shooter’s view
- Provide protection if shots are fired in your direction (i.e., an office with a closed and locked door)
- Should not trap you or restrict your options for movement
- Lock the door
- Barricade the door with heavy furniture
- Acting as aggressively as possible against the shooter
- Throwing items and improvising weapons
- Committing to your actions
Remember ... RUN, HIDE, FIGHT
Questions? Reach out to Campus Police on our information line at (410) 951-3900.
Have a Campus Emergency? Call (410) 951-3911