WELCOME TO COPPIN STATE UNIVERSITY
Welcome to the residence halls of Coppin State University. While living at Coppin State you will encounter a team of dedicated CSU Eagles, committed to making your on-campus experience both memorable and hassle free.
The Office of Housing is currently gearing up for your arrival in August and we are very excited to see you. In this guide we hope that you will find all of the information you will need for your day of arrival.
Housing Move-In Days
August 14th- August 22, 2020.
Please review your on-campus Housing Offer for more information.
August 22nd - August 30, 2020.
Please review your on-campus Housing Offer for more information.
Move-In Information Fall 2020
Please be advised that only students who have received a Housing Offer will be allowed to move on-campus. We encourage students to check their Coppin State Email Address for more information.
Move-in for our First-Year and Transfer Students will occur from August 14 to August 22 and Move-in for our Returning Students will occur from August 22 to August 30. Students will need to sign up and chose a specific date and time for a 2 hour move-in window. Sign up instructions will be sent to students via their Coppin State email between July 31 and August 3.
- As students are limited to a 2 hour move-in time we encourage students to pack light and bring other belongings as needed later in the semester.
- No large furniture including upholstered furniture, futons, desk chairs, bookcases, et al will be permitted.
- Students are allowed a max of 2 helpers for move-in as there will be no university move-in crew.
- Coppin State University requires all guest and students who come on campus to wear mask. These masks must be worn at all times by both students and their helpers.
- 1 cart per family will be provided to assist with our families move-in process.
- Students will pick up their room keys from their individual buildings. Students must have their COPPIN State ID.
To ensure social distancing, please adhere to the following safety protocol below.
- Roommates will not be able to sign up for the same time block
- No more than 3 students may sign up for a time block per building
- Elevator usage will be limited to 1 family at a time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the building main elevator.
We will continue to update this page as more information becomes available. See you soon.
Your Coppin State ID
All students are required to have their Coppin State ID in order to get their room key. All ID appointments must be made in advance and cannot be scheduled the day of. We encourage students to call the Eaglecard Services Office at 410.951.3570 to make their appointment. Students should get their ID's prior to coming to campus to make the move-in process easier.
What to Bring
Bedroom: Twin XL Sheets, Cable Cord (12ft), a cable splitter adaptor, Alarm Clock, Laptop, Desktop, Clothes/Clothing Hangers, Pillows, Decorative Items, Desk Lamp, Command strips, UL Approved Extension Cords. TV, and Game Consoles.
Bathroom: Shower Shoes, Personal Care Bucket, Decorative Items, Make -Up Mirrors, Floor Mats, Cleaning Supplies, and a Wastebasket.
Personal Care & Personal Items: Hair dryer, Laundry supplies, Medications, Lotions, Deodorant, Shampoo, Conditioner, Feminine hygiene products, Dental hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash), Wash Cloths and Towels, and Toilet Paper.
Other items: Refrigerator (3.6 cubic feet)
In order to live on campus you must be a registered full-time student carrying at least 12 credit hours. It is suggested, however, that you register for at least 15 hours to stay on track towards graduation. You can register for classes by contacting the First Year Experience office at 410-951-3555. Students without a full-time schedule will not be able to pick up their keys at move in.
The state of Maryland requires all residential students at Maryland colleges and universities to provide proof of Meningitis vaccinations or a waiver declining that vaccine. Coppin State University also requires the Hepatitis B vaccination for residence on campus. You must provide proof and clearance of Hepatitis B vaccination as well as proof of your clearance, or waiver declining Meningitis a week before August 23rd in order to move on campus. Students without proper documentation or clearance will not be allowed to move in. If you have questions regarding this requirement, please contact the Office of Housing at (410) 951-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Account & Billing
Payment for Fall 2020 tuition and fees is due by Friday, August 7th, 2020. This includes room and board. You must pay in full or establish a payment plan by this date or risk cancellation of classes and cancellation of your room assignment. Students with unpaid balances must provide proof of enrollment in the university payment plan in order to receive a key at move-in. For questions please call the Student Accounts Office at (410) 951-3677.
Due to the limited number of carts that are available, we ask that you bring any personal dollies to assist with your move in.
Traffic & Parking
Move-in parking is available on lots E, F, and J
We strongly encourage our students and families to adhere to their scheduled move-in time, which can be found in their Housing Update email. This is to ensure the health and safety of all of our students. If you have additional questions regarding your Move-In Day and time please review your Housing Update email.
Move in parking is available on lots E, F, G and J
2500 W. North Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21216-3698
From the North
- Take I-95 South to Baltimore Beltway I-695 West
- Follow I-695 West to Exit 23 (Rt. 83 South)
- Take I-83 South to Exit 6 (North Avenue)
- Turn Right and go to 2500 West North Avenue
From the South
- Take I-95 North to Baltimore Exit 50 (North Caton Ave.)
- Please note that Caton Ave. turns into Hilton St, then Hilton Pkwy, then Hilton St again
- Turn right on North Avenue from Hilton St
- Follow for a few blocks to 2500 West North Avenue
From the East
- Take US Rt 40 West (Pulaski Hwy) to North Fulton St
- Pulaski Hwy turns into Fayette St
- Turn right on North Fulton St and follow to North Avenue.
- Turn left on North Avenue and go to the 2500 West Block
From the West
- Take I-70 East to I-695 South and follow to Exit 15 (Rt 40 East).
- From Rt 40, turn right onto Hilton Parkway-Hilton Parkway eventually turns into Hilton St.
- Turn right on North Avenue and follow to the 2500 West Block