Welcome to Coppin State University
We're so excited to welcome you to our beautiful campus. Hopefully, you've been able to prepare for today—the day you move in to your new campus home!
Fall 2021 Move-In
Only students who have received a housing offer are allowed to move-in on campus. Check your official Coppin email for more details.
|Move in Dates||Daley Hall||Dedmond Hall|
|August 19||Floor 2 & 7||Hall floor 1 & 6|
|August 20||Floor 3 & 6||Hall floor 2 & 5|
|August 21||Floor 4 & 5||Hall floor 3 & 4|
What to Remember About Move-In
Bend with your knees! Coppin does not provide any university staff to help you transport and move items, so pack and transport your belongings accordingly.
- Pack light, if possible! You can always ship or bring things later.
- No large furniture allowed. This includes:
- Upholstered furniture
- Desk chairs
- Each student may have no more than 2 helpers for move-in.
- All guests and students must wear at mask at all times while on campus.
- Coppin provides 1 cart to for each student use during move-in
- Students must show a current Eagle Card to pick up room keys from their residence hall.
COVID-19 Social Distancing Requirements
To ensure everyone's safety during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Coppin continues to require social distancing. Please keep these safety protocols in mind when moving in:
- Only 1 family can use the elevator at a time.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the building main elevator.
We will continue to update social distancing requirements as new information becomes available.
Coppin Eagle Card
Your Eagle Card is your student ID, library card, and what gives you access to all campus facilities, including your residence hall. Before you can get your room key, you must make an appointment to get your Eagle Card. We highly encourage student to get their Eagle Card before move-in day.
- Live pets(except fish)
- Hot plates
- Hot pots
- Coffee makers
- illegal items
- Weapons of any kind
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Candle warmers
- Incense gasoline
- Flammable materials
- Space heaters of any kind
- Separate AC units
- Large furniture of any kind
- Electric Kettle
What to Bring
Your residence hall is your home for the entire academic year. Be sure to bring supplies you need to thrive.
- Twin XL sheets
- 12 foot cable cord
- Cable splitter adaptor
- Alarm clock
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Clothes and hangers
- Desk lamp
- Command strips
- UL-approved extension cords
- Game console(s)
- Decorative items
- Shower shoes
- Shower caddy (to hold your shower and personal items)
- Makeup mirrors
- Floor mats
- Cleaning supplies
- Hair dryer
- Laundry supplies (i.e. detergent, dryer sheets, etc.)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Feminine hygiene products (i.e. menstrual cups, tampons, maxipads, etc.)
- Dental hygiene products (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, etc.)
- Wash cloths and towels
- Toilet paper
- Refrigerator (no more than 3.6 cubic feet)
To live on campus, each resident must be a registered full-time for at least 12 credits. We've housed a lot of students, so we suggest registering for at least 15 credits to stay on track to graduation. On move-in day, students not registered for a full-time schedule will not be able to pick up their keys.
Contact First Year Experience for help registering for classes.
The state of Maryland requires all residential students at Maryland colleges and universities to provide proof of Meningitis vaccinations or a waiver declining that vaccine. Coppin State University also requires the Hepatitis B vaccination for residence on campus. You must provide proof and clearance of Hepatitis B vaccination as well as proof of your clearance, or waiver declining Meningitis a week before August 13, 2021 in order to move on campus. COVID -19 Vaccination & Exemptions Per the University System of Maryland (USM) mandate, all students looking to live or take classes on campus, must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
All students must submit their proof of vaccination to email@example.com. Students who wish to apply for an exemption from the vaccine mandate should reach out to the designated offices below. Request forms for medical and religious exemptions are now available online.
Student Medical Exemption Request Call 410-951-4188 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Online: www.coppin.edu/coronavirus Student Religious Exemption Request Call 410-951-3593 Email:email@example.com Online: www.coppin.edu/coronavirus Under Student Account & Billing.
Student Accounts and Billing
Pay your fall 2021 tuition and fees, including room and board by Friday, August 7th, 2020. You must pay in full or set up a payment plan by this date or you risk Coppin canceling your classes and room assignment.
Students with unpaid balances must provide proof of enrollment in the university payment plan in order to receive a key at move-in.
Reach out to Bursar/Student Accounts with any questions at (410) 951-3677.
We recommend students and families bring personal dollies and carts to help with your move-in. Coppin has a limited number of carts available for use.
Parking and Driving Directions
Move-in parking is available on lots E, F, and J
2500 W. North Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21216-3698
From the North
- Take I-95 South to Baltimore Beltway I-695 West
- Follow I-695 West to Exit 23 (Rt. 83 South)
- Take I-83 South to Exit 6 (North Avenue)
- Turn Right and go to 2500 West North Avenue
From the South
- Take I-95 North to Baltimore Exit 50 (North Caton Ave.)
- Please note that Caton Ave. turns into Hilton St, then Hilton Pkwy, then Hilton St again
- Turn right on North Avenue from Hilton St
- Follow for a few blocks to 2500 West North Avenue
From the East
- Take US Rt 40 West (Pulaski Hwy) to North Fulton St
- Pulaski Hwy turns into Fayette St
- Turn right on North Fulton St and follow to North Avenue.
- Turn left on North Avenue and go to the 2500 West Block
From the West
- Take I-70 East to I-695 South and follow to Exit 15 (Rt 40 East).
- From Rt 40, turn right onto Hilton Parkway-Hilton Parkway eventually turns into Hilton St.
- Turn right on North Avenue and follow to the 2500 West Block