Career Services Center
The mission of the Career Services Center is to deliver programs and services in concert with the university's mission that enable students to develop life-long skills in career planning thus enhancing their ability to make informed career decisions.
The Career Services Center seeks to fulfill this mission through the following interrelated program goals.
- To help students identify their values, personality traits, interests and career goals.
- To support students in refining and implementing their career goals.
- To assist students in acquiring information and competencies that enhance their academic success and awareness of varied industries and occupations.
- To provide services and resources that support students in identifying satisfying employment and graduate/professional school opportunities.
- To develop relationships with employers that provide experiential, part-time, summer and full-time professional employment opportunities for students.
- To support the overall development of students, the mission of the Division of Student Affairs and the institution.
Coppin State University uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Local employers post jobs exclusively to our school via the CCN site. Students and alumni create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/coppin to:
- Easily search and apply to local and national Full-time, Part-time, Internship/Co-op job opportunities
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles
Internships and Cooperative Education
Internships and cooperative education are career related opportunities that allow students to gain hands on experience in an occupation before graduating. Students who register with the Career Services Center are eligible to apply for these opportunities which are received daily from a wide variety of employers.
On-Campus Recruitment Program
This program is designed to provide opportunities for the employer and student to meet. Employers and/or graduate schools are invited to recruit students by conducting individual interviews, information sessions, or classroom presentations; and setting up information tables in the student center. Employers coordinate their schedules with the recruitment coordinator.
Congratulations on completing your degree! You have reached a significant milestone in your journey of life!
We welcome the opportunity to serve you as an alumnus in many other ways! We are available to assist you in your job search, for career coaching, mock interview sessions, and other career needs. Please contact the center to schedule an appointment, (410) 951-3919.