Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about On-Campus Living

Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Daley Hall, 1st Floor
(410) 951-6393

You can bring a small refrigerator (no larger than 3.6 cubic feet). A Micro-fridge is available in each suite, however, a hot plate or other kitchen appliances are prohibited.

Pets are not allowed in any campus residence hall, with two exceptions: fish in water tanks of 50 or fewer gallons, and service animals, subject to university approval prior to move-in.

Students keep their own rooms clean during the academic year and are responsible for placing trash in the designated receptacles. The suites in the residential halls are inspected by staff every week to ensure sanitary conditions are maintained. The common areas are cleaned and maintained daily by housekeeping services.

Every student receives an email account, and each resident student can connect to the University network. Computers must be equipped with WIFI capabilities. We provide help when you are having computer trouble. Also, there are a number of places on campus where you can go wireless including in your living room area and in the floor lounges.

Resident Assistants (RAs) are students who live in the residence halls, specifically to assist other students living on campus with their questions and problems, both academic and social. RAs work under the supervision of professional, live-in Resident Directors (RD) who have general administrative responsibilities. RHMs are educated professionals who are trained to assist residents with developing their personal, interpersonal, and academic skills.

Financial aid is not specifically earmarked for housing costs. However, a student’s plan to live on campus is taken into account when assistance is considered. Also, there are a number of jobs, many through work-study programs, at and through the Office of Residence Life and Housing.

During the day when classes are in session, the Health Center will assist you; a physician, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses are available. If you become sick when the office is closed, you should consult your Resident Hall Manager/Resident Assistant or the Office of Public Safety about the best course of action. If necessary emergency medical services will be requested for immediate transport to the nearest available hospital. There are three major hospitals near-by: Grace Medical Center, Sinai Hospital, and St. Agnes Hospital.

The area's transit authority provides bus services connecting Coppin State University to local malls, venues and other places that may interest you, making the University a central link to Baltimore. On campus there is a special shuttle bus for students taking classes at various locations on site that will also provide transport to the nearby mall and supermarket.

Yes, all students can bring a car to school with them. But freshmen cannot park on campus. Those who are permitted to park on campus must obtain a parking permit from the campus parking office. Students must submit necessary information to verify their classification and eligibility for a parking permit. Spaces are limited and are based on a first come, first serve basis.