John L Hudgins, PHD is Associate Professor of Sociology and Human Services Administration. Dr. Hudgins is committed to HBCU growth and productivity. Students who receive university degrees live better lives and make great contributions to themselves, their families, the larger community and the society as a whole.
Co-Director Graduate Program in Human Services Administration
Convener CSU-American Association of University Professors
- PHD, Sociology, Duke University 1987
- MA, Sociology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill 1982
- BA Sociology, Duke University, 1972
- Additional Study, Shaw University School of Divinity 1983
- National Organization of Human Services
- Southern Sociological Society
- Association of Black Sociologists
- American Association of University Professors
- Board member Penn North Health Services
African American politics, Black family, Race and Ethnicity, Human Services Leadership, HBCUs
2015 University System of Maryland Regent's Faculty of the Year Award for Excellence in Teaching
The profiles listed are created by individual faculty. Coppin State University (“CSU”) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on these pages or any links made available are strictly those of the faculty author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of CSU. The contents of these pages have not been reviewed or approved by Coppin State University.