Coppin State University offers merit scholarships for academic achievement to first year, continuing, and transfer students—all you have to do to be considered is submit your admission application! That’s right, just by applying to a degree-seeking program at Coppin, you are already considered for a merit award.
The amount of merit awards can vary, but may cover the full cost of in-state or out-of-state tuition, room and board. Merit scholarships are competitive and by invitation only, so be sure to apply by the deadline.
Merit Awards for newly admitted students for the Fall 2024 - Spring 2025 academic year
- Presidential Scholarship - Covers all costs; Tuition, Fees, Room & Board and $2000 for books
- Fanny Jackson Coppin Scholarship – Covers Tuition, Room & Board and $1000 for books
- Gold First-Year Student Merit Award - $5,000 partial scholarship, awarded annually for up to 4 years (requires at least 3.0 cumulative high school GPA)
- Blue First-Year Student Merit Award - $3,000 partial scholarship, awarded annually for up to 4 years (requires at least 2.75 cumulative high school GPA)
- Transfer Merit Award - $3,000 partial scholarship, awarded annually for up to 3 years (requires at least 2.5 cumulative college GPA & 24 transferable credits)