Returning to the University
Welcome Back, We’ve Missed You!
You must apply for reinstatement if you:
- Left the university in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher);
- Withdrew from the university or did not complete a semester and wish to re-enroll as a degree seeking student;
- Your GPA was under 2.0 and you wish to be considered for reinstatement; or
- You were suspended or dismissed and wish to be considered for reinstatement to the university. Students returning under the last two categories are required to submit their application packet to the Academic Review Committee for review and decision.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are uncertain of your status or have any questions regarding reinstatement.
Candidates for reinstatement must complete the following steps:
- Submit a completed CSU Undergraduate Reinstatement Application;
- Submit a $35 non-refundable application fee;
- Submit official transcripts from all schools attended since your last enrollment at CSU;
- Students who have been away from the university at least one year must submit a certified copy of their Maryland 502 Income Tax Transcript to verify MD residency;
- Students under 2.0 cumulative GPA, on suspension or dismissal status must provide a written statement explaining the circumstances leading to their poor academic performance and offering a proposed plan of action to remedy past academic deficiencies. Additional pertinent information may be submitted, such as medical documents, letters of reference or recommendations;
- All university debts must be settled by the appropriate deadlines.
All supporting documents not submitted electronically can be sent to our office at the address below:
Coppin State University
Office of Records & Registration
2500 West North Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21216
For more information on Reinstatement to the University, download the Undergraduate Application for Reinstatement Degree-Seeking or Undergraduate Application for Reinstatement Non-Degree-Seeking application form or the Student Academic Review Handbook.
Fall: August 1
Spring: December 1
Reinstatement to CSU is not automatic, although former students who have earned a solid record at another institution, including at least 12 academic credits with a 2.0+ GPA, are usually good candidates. Careful consideration is also given to the student’s personal statement submitted as part of the Academic Plan of Action and to the advisor recommendation. A student’s prior academic history at CSU is relevant to the decision.
Note: The Office of Records & Registration places a “HOLD” indicator on the records of all students to encourage them to meet with their academic advisor to discuss their course requirements and stay on course for graduation. All students must see their academic advisors to remove the registration Holds in order to register for classes.
To participate in registration, students must:
- Make an appointment to see your assigned advisor and remove your advisement HOLD.
- Select your classes from the CSU Schedule of Classes Course Search Page for the semester of interest.
- Key your course selections in your Eagle links account in a computer system.
- Student can receive additional assistance in registering for classes at the Office of Records & Registration in the Miles Connor Administration Building.
- Students can view their class schedules and receive a copy of their tuition and fees bill from the Controller’s Office (410-951-3677).