Records and Registration

Returning Undergraduate Students and Reinstatement

Mon-Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Miles Connor Building, 1st Floor
(410) 951-3701

Welcome back, we’ve missed you!

If you previously attended Coppin State University, and left without completing your undergraduate program or degree, you may be eligible for reinstatement. Returning students are not automatically reinstated to Coppin. We carefully review each application, and consider your prior academic history, and if applicable, personal statement, and advisor recommendation.

Make sure to submit your completed reinstatement application by the fall or spring deadline:

  • August 1st for fall semester
  • December 1st for spring semester

Do I need to reapply for reinstatement?

Here’s how you know you need to apply for reinstatement.

  • You left Coppin in good academic standing with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher
  • You withdrew from Coppin or didn’t complete a semester and you want to re-enroll as a degree-seeking undergraduate student

Returning students who were suspended, dismissed, or not in good academic standing (with less than a 2.0 undergraduate cumulative GPA) may also apply for reinstatement. If you left Coppin under these circumstances, submit your application packet directly to the Academic Review Committee. After we receive your application packet, the Committee reviews and determines a readmission decision.

What is the process to apply for reinstatement?

  1. Complete and submit your completed Coppin Undergraduate Reinstatement Application
  2. Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee
  3. Submit official transcripts from all schools attended since last enrollment at Coppin
  4. Pay all outstanding Coppin debts by appropriate deadlines
  5. If you have been away from Coppin for at least 1 year, you must also submit a certified copy of your Maryland 502 Income Tax Transcript to verify your Maryland residency
  6. If you were suspended, dismissed or left Coppin with less than a cumulative undergraduate 2.0 GPA, you must also submit a written statement on what led to your poor academic performance, and also a proposed plan of action to achieve and remain in good academic standing. You may also submit any additional information, including recommendations, reference letters, or medical documentation.

Electronically submit your completed application to the Office of Records & Registration.

If you are mailing any documentation, send to: Coppin State University Office of Records and Registration 2500 West North Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21216

How do I register for classes once I’m reinstated?

The “HOLD” indicator on your student registration is our way of encouraging you to schedule time with your academic advisor to discuss course requirements, and make sure you are on track to graduate. If you are returning to Coppin with less than 25 credits, you may need to sit for placement testing.

Remember, you must meet with your academic advisor so they can remove any registration holds. Get ready to register for classes with these steps:

Still have questions about class registration? Reach out to us in the Office of Records and Registration.

  1. Make an appointment with your academic advisor to remove your registration hold
  2. Select your semester courses from the Coppin Schedule of Classes Course Search Page
  3. Go to your EagleLINKS account to enter your courses
  4. Review your class schedule to confirm you’re registered!