Guaranteed admission and reverse transfer
Save money and time to earn your associate’s and bachelor’s degrees through Coppin State University’s guaranteed admission and reverse transfer process. Coppin has guaranteed admission agreements with some Maryland community colleges that allow students to earn an associate’s degree at an approved community college and then complete a bachelor’s degree at Coppin State University with only 2 additional years of study. Take advantage of our growing list of reverse transfer agreements with local schools, including:
- Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
- Baltimore City Community College (BCCC)
- College of Southern Maryland (CSM)
- Garrett College (GC)
What is guaranteed admission?
Commonly called a 2+2 agreement, a guaranteed admission agreement is an arrangement between Coppin and a 2-year institution that provides a clear transfer path for successful students. Student who qualify for Coppin admission through a guaranteed admission agreement will be “guaranteed” admission as a junior year student.
What is an articulation agreement?
It’s a CSU-approved agreement with another school that allows a student to apply credits to a specific program at the other school. Applied credits may be used to enter, transfer, or advance standing in a program at the agreeing institution.
You may be eligible for guaranteed admission or reverse transfer, if you meet the criteria. Consider continuing your education at Coppin if you:
- are in good academic standing at your community college
- have finished 15 or more credits at an approved community college
- have finished 60 or more total credits at CSU and an approved community college
- do not yet have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) at CSU and an approved community college
Please note, some agreements may require more students meet additional criteria.
Still have questions after reviewing the eligibility requirements? Reach out to our Transfer Coordinator.
Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC)
Carroll Community College
College of Southern Maryland
The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
Harford Community College