The Coppin State University Faculty Senate is a representative body of faculty who work together to advocate for faculty welfare and representation, as well as inform University governance.
As a representative body, we:
- serve as principle body representing the faculty voice in Shared Governance at the institution
- Provide faculty representation on other University shared governance bodies
- Advise the University President and all other University constituents
- Advocates and promotes the general faculty welfare
- Work collectively to guarantee procedural and substantive due process to each faculty member with essential fairness to all
- Support academic freedom for faculty
- Liaise with Coppin State University Faculty Body and the Council of University System Faculty
- Cooperate with other existing faculty organizations.
Visit the Faculty Senate SharePoint site and learn more about the Senate.
Faculty Senate meets from 1:30 - 3:30 pm on the 1st Wednesday of every month.
2020-2021 Executive Committee
- President, Ericka N. Covington
- Vice-President, Christa Gilliam
- Secretary, Michael Klima
- Treasurer, F Michelle Richardson
- Parliamentarian, Melissa Buckley
- At-Large Member, Hany Sobhi
- At-Large Member, Ihuoma Ezebuihe
|Harriett Kargbo||Instructional Leadership and Professional Development|
|Stephen Providence||Mathematics and Computer Science|
|Hany Sobhi||Natural Sciences|
|Thavamani Rajapandi||Natural Sciences|
|Sean Brooks||Mathematics and Computer Science|
|Aerian Tatum||Health Information Management|
|Patience Ebuwei||Health Information Management|
|Mona Calhoun (Alt.)||Allied Health|
|Liangjun Yun||Accounting and Management Information Systems|
Management and Marketing
|F. Michelle Richardson||Sports and Entertainment Management|
|Sabrina Taylor (Alt.)|