Curriculum Standards and Policy Committee
The Curriculum Standards and Policy Committee (also referred to as CSPC or the Curriculum Committee) makes academic standards and policy recommendations to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. Specifically we make recommendations regarding:
- Academic policies and programs in keeping with the philosophy and mission of the University and with the policies of the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland
- Policies, standards, procedures for admission to the University, to special programs, and to majors
- General departmental standards for retention and for graduation
- Operational definitions for letter grades
- Guidelines for all university-wide or out-of-class testing programs
Please note: we do not meet during summer months or in January.
Executive Committee Meeting Dates
Executive Committee meets the second Wednesday of each month.
- April 21, 2022
- May 19, 2022
- September 15, 2022
- October 20, 2023
- November 17, 2023
- December 15, 2023
Regular Meeting Dates
Regular meetings meet the third Wednesday of each month (3 PM – 5 PM).
- September 14, 2022
- October 12, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- December 14, 2022
- February 8, 2023
- March 8, 2023
- April 12, 2023
- May 10, 2023
The Coppin State University chapter has both broad and specific purposes we work to fulfill.
Our Broad Purposes
- Support the policies and goals of the AAUP
- Promote the interests of higher education and research
- Increase the usefulness and standards, ideals, and welfare of the academic professions
Our Specific Purposes
- Defend academic freedom at Coppin State University
- Encourage faculty participation in governance at Coppin
- Protect and advance the professional status and interests of all faculty members at Coppin State University
Please reference our chapter bylaws for additional objectives and purposes.
2022-2023 CSPC Proposal Submissions Due Dates
Submit proposals via email no later than 5:00 pm on the first Wednesday of each month.
- September 7, 2022
- October 5, 2022
- November 2, 2022
- December 7, 2022
- February 1, 2023
- March 1, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- May 3, 2023
The CSU General Education Program Sub-Committee Dr. Yolanda Savoy, Chair
The CSU New Program, Minors, and certificates CSU/MHEC logistics Sub-Committee Members: Michael Bowden and Rolande Murray, PhD
The Academic Program Review Sub-Committee (To Be Formed)