Records and Registration
Advanced Placement (AP) and Prior Learning Credit
We know learning happens in and outside of the classroom. At Coppin, we recognize how important it is to provide opportunities for students to get course credit for your experiences, skills, and lessons learned.
Our students can receive college credit through:
- Advanced Placement (AP) Tests
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- Military experience and coursework
- Course-by-course evaluation
- Challenge exams
- Individual portfolio assessment
Ready to put your past toward your future?
Find out more information on qualifying score on the general and subject exams of the CLEP test.
What to know about AP tests
- Take your AP tests in May of your high school senior year
- Schedule your AP test through your high school counselor or the College Entrance Examination Board
- CSU receives your AP test scores in mid-July
Office of Admissions
Are you an incoming Freshman or new student who has questions about AP or CLEP tests?
Office of Transfer and Transition
Are you an incoming transfer or military services student?
To learn more about earning credit for your prior learning experiences, contact the Office of Transfer & Transition Services at 410-951-6307 or email@example.com.