Helene Fuld School of Nursing
We graduate servant leaders dedicated to working with families, groups, vulnerable and underserved patients.
Advance Your Skills as a Coppin Nurse
A career in nursing can be personally fulfilling and lucrative. Pursuing graduate nursing education can create more opportunities to not only provide excellent primary health care, but to also become a leader and teacher in the field.
The Helene Fuld School of Nursing(HFSON) offers 3 graduate programs focused on advanced nursing education. These programs continue our longstanding tradition of excellence in nursing education, practice, and research. Program graduates stand ready to practice as nurse practitioners, educators, leaders, and administrators.
Get information on Orientation, uniforms, and required next steps for all admitted nursing students.
How to Apply to Graduate Nursing at Coppin
Graduate admission is a little different from the undergraduate admissions process. Any student applying to our master's, post-master's, or doctorate program must submit all application materials to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS).
Required Application Materials
- Coppin State University online application (select graduate studies)
- Application fee
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Copy of current license to practice nursing
- Typed personal essay of your goals and objectives (also called Statement of Intent)
- Proof of satisfactory completion of a course in elementary statistics and/or nursing research
- Proof of satisfactory completion of a course in physical assessment in the last 5 years, or proof of a successful challenge exam
- International students must also submit official English proficiency scores. Minimum score is 550.
Your next step after applying is to contact the School of Graduate Studies to schedule a meeting with a graduate faculty member. We recommend all applying students keep copies of all documentation submitted for admission consideration.
Modern Facilities to Learn, Study, and Practice
Our state-of-the-art facilities provide space for our undergraduate and graduate nursing students to research, study, and put theory into practice. The HFSON manages the Coppin Clinic at St. Frances and the CSU Community Health Center, a primary care facility that offers licensed, low-cost health care to the local Baltimore community.
HSFON faculty are scholars and advocates of a student-first philosophy. We encourage you to explore our program offerings, talk to our students, and see yourself here. We know, at Coppin, you’ll become part of a caring environment designed to encourage and support you as you accomplish your personal and professional goals.