Digital Continuity Resources for Students
From extreme weather situations days to natural disasters, such unexpected events can disrupt face-to-face instruction. In such cases, your faculty may use various technology tools to facilitate instruction.
Blackboard Learn is the learning management system used by Coppin faculty to facilitate student instruction and grading. Blackboard integrates several tools to diversity learning opportunities, including:
- Panopto to record lectures, live-stream courses, and provide video-based assessments;
- TurnItIn to grade student papers and detect for potential plagiarism;
- Blackbaord Collaborate to host synchronous online meetings (classes, office hours, tutoring sessions, etc.);
- Blackboard Ally to make digital course content more accessible;
- PlayPosit to create interactive video lessons from items posted on YouTube, Ted, Vimeo, and other video repositories; and
- Qwickly to manage student attendance.
As a student, you have a Microsoft Office 365 Account, which allows up to five downloads of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) onto personal devices, such as home computers and laptops. Your Office 365 license also gives you access to several tools such as Forms (create online surveys), Sway (create digital story pages), Flipgrid (video-based discussion board), and Teams (virtual project space).
Most of the instructional technology tools have mobile apps where you can create and assess content. Consider downloading these apps to your mobile device. All of them are free.
EagleMobile (the mobile app for EagleLINKS)
|Technique||Text Instructions||Video Instructions|
Joining a Session from a Blackboard Course
Using the Call-In Feature
There are several ways to receive assistance with the instructional technology tools.
Documentation and Knowledge bases
- Blackboard Learn (Available 24/7) – 1-888-882-4605
- Panopto – (8am to 8pm EST) – 855-765-2341
- IT Help Desk – email@example.com | 410-951-3888