Student Emergency Fund
The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) is a revolving account funded by the University and administered through the Division of Student Affairs. SEF is designed to ensure that students attending Coppin State University have access to emergency aid when needed.
SEF’s Priorities: Assist students who experience financial hardships.
Mon-Fri: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Miles Connor Bldg. 3rd Floor
SEF is earmarked to cover such emergencies as:
- Rent evictions
- Gas and electric turn-offs
- Bus or Cab Transportation to and from school (car payments and insurance do not apply)
- Child care Food (on-campus Meal Plan)
- The student must provide documented proof indicating need.
- The dollar amount of the fund may vary. Exceptions may be made only by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- The student must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Full-time employees are not eligible to receive the Student Emergency Fund (SEF).
- The Student Emergency Fund will be granted during the fall and spring semesters only.
- An Emergency Fund award is a one-time source only.
- SEF applications can be downloaded from the Student Affairs Website or picked up in person from the SEF Coordinator Room 324.
- Submit completed applications along with supporting documentation to the SEF Coordinator.
- Final decisions to SEF applications will be made by the Vice President for Student Affairs within 1 business day.
- All approved Student Emergency Fund (SEF) applications require a signed SEF agreement.
- A copy of the SEF Application is forwarded to the Division of Institutional Advancement for processing.
- Checks will be issued within 3 business days after submission of completed documentation to the Coordinator for the Student Emergency Fund (SEF).
- The Coordinator for Student Emergency Fund will submit a written report to the Division of Institutional Advancement on a quarterly basis.
- An account balance is due weekly to the SEF Coordinator by the Division of Institutional Advancement.
- The Division of Institutional Advancement shall write all checks and handle all bookkeeping.
- The Coordinator for Student Emergency Fund (SEF) shall maintain all Student Emergency Fund (SEF) files.