Campus Mail Delivery
|Starts at||Sorted by|
|1st delivery||11: 00 am||11:30 am|
|2nd delivery||2:00 pm||2:30 pm|
Service and Delivery Times
- Bring any mail not received during 11:00 am or 2:00 pm delivery to the Mail Center by 3:00 pm, and we can process and mail the same day.
- We process all items received after 3:30 pm for delivery the next day.
- Contact the Mail Center, if there is an urgent matter where you need to apply postage after the 3:30 pm deadline.
Metered and Unmetered Mail
Mail prepared by departments to be metered through the Mail Center will be picked up daily from the department’s designated “mail drop” within each building.
Stamped mail should be kept separate from mail to be metered. The postage machine can seal all envelopes.
Postage will be applied to unstamped university mail via postage meter imprint in accordance with weight and destination rates. Postage will be applied only to mail identified as University correspondence. To facilitate assigning postage costs to the appropriate department, unstamped university mail should include the name of the department.
Personal mail that is picked up will not be metered.
Domestic and International Mail
- Domestic & International mail must be separated by departments. If it is not separated in advance, the domestic rate may be applied incorrectly to international mail and cause delays in delivery and additional postage.
Resident students get mail (i.e. letters, envelopes) to their assigned mailbox. Students must come to the Mail Center to pick up packages and special parcels.
Help Us Help You Send and Deliver Mail
Coppin State University is a large institution with a lot of people and moving parts. Here are our tips to help you help us send and receive mail promptly and accurately.
- Notify the Mail Center about any department or office personnel changes.
- Keep staff, student, and business addresses updated to prevent duplicate and undeliverable mail.
- Sort all mail by:
- Unstamped letters
- Frank mail (pre-postage envelopes)
- International mail
- Student’s dormitory mail
- Oversized Letters
- On-Campus Mail
- Use interoffice envelopes for on-campus mail only. Using regular envelopes prevents us from adding postage to on-campus mail.
- Make sure all out-going mail has the sending department name on it. Only official University mail will be processed through the postage meter.
- Make sure all packages shipped to the university Mail Center are addressed to a specific individual to ensure packages/mail are delivered in a timely manner. Mail staff opens all packages without proper identification for inspection to identify the receiver. We return mail and packages to the sender if we cannot locate the receiver or on-campus address.
Questions? We're happy to help.