Recreational Facility and Locker Policies
We offer recreational and wellness programs and activities for students, faculty, staff, and community members. We design our programs and activities to be fun, create excitement, and help our campus community lead holistically healthy lifestyles.
These items are prohibited in all University buildings and facilities:
- Weapons and firearms of any kind
- Tobacco products
- Electronic cigarettes or vaping devices
- Skateboards or rollerblades/skates
- Electronic “hover boards” and cycling devices (indoor facilities)
- Balloons (indoor facilities)
- Pets with the exception of service animals
- Use of electronic equipment such as stereos, radios, amplifiers, speakers and musical instruments that violate a standard of quiet conducive to recreational activity or which disrupts other users
Equipment and Locker Room Policies
- You may check equipment out from the Equipment Room in the PEC room 118
- All equipment must be returned to the checkout desk before closing on the same day it was checked out
- Equipment returned after this time will result in a late fee of $1 per day, with a maximum fee of $50
- If equipment is returned damaged beyond normal wear and tear, there will be a total replacement charge
- Unauthorized photography and use of recording devices is strictly prohibited.
- All participants must be out of the locker room at closing.
- Personal locks left on daily use lockers overnight will be cut; Contents can be retrieved from the Equipment Room. Items not claimed within 60 days will be disposed of.
- A Coppin State University Eagle Card ID and/or Campus Recreation identification must be presented to check out equipment
- Equipment must be returned the same day it is checked out and should be returned 10 minutes before closing
- Members may not share lockers. Any locker holder found sharing will be asked to relinquish their locker with no refund given due to policy violation. Lockers are rented with the intent that it is a secure location to store a member’s personal belongings. Sharing this space compromises this security.
- All lockers are the property of Coppin State University. Campus Recreation staff reserves the right to check lockers to resolve safety and/or security concerns. All affected locker holders will be notified should this occur.
Members and guests can use lockers while participating in Campus Recreation programs and/or activities. Depending on your membership, you'll have different access to lockers.
- All lockers are the exclusive property of Coppin State University Department of Campus Recreation. Campus Recreation reserves the right to open lockers for any emergency, safety, or maintenance reason.
- Violation of Coppin State University and/or Recreational Sports policies may lead to termination of locker privileges without a refund.
- Current membership is required for day use and rental lockers.
- Recreational Sports is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Lockers marked “Day Use Only” may be used by members during open hours and can be locked with a personal lock.
- Guests using the facility may bring a personal lock and use the Day Use Lockers during open hours on the day of their visit.
- Locks left on after the facility closes will be removed and the contents of the locker will be thrown away if not claimed within 30 days. Items can be claimed at the facility in which the locker was used.
- Rental lockers are equipped with a Rec Sports lock; personal locks are prohibited. It is the renter’s responsibility to maintain possession of the Rec Sports-issued lock for the duration of the locker rental. Rec Sports reserves the right to immediately remove and dispose of non-Rec Sports locks. If a locker is found with a non-Rec Sports lock, Rec Sports will issue a new lock and the renter will be charged a $6 replacement lock fee.
- Personal belongings left in an expired locker will be removed and the contents of the locker will be disposed of if not claimed within 30 days. Items can be claimed at the facility in which the locker was used.
- Lockers are non-transferable and sharing is prohibited. For security purposes, forgotten combinations will only be issued to the person who is renting the locker.