Information Technology Division (ITD) Scholarships
Coppin students majoring in information technology (IT)-related fields may apply for scholarships funds based on academic achievement or financial need. Like all scholarships, this type of financial aid does not need to be repaid—these awards are a gift that students can apply to academic expenses. Specifically, IT scholarships may be used to cover Coppin-related tuition and related expenses.
In 2006, we received financial contributions from ITD staff, Nortel Networks, Gateway, Daly Inc., and Persidio. We used those funds to start offering 2 need-based scholarships:
- Information Technology Division Endowed Scholarship
- ITD Scholarship
Both of these financial awards are open to students who demonstrate financial need and major in IT fields like computer science, data analytics, or management information systems (MIS).
To be eligible for either need-based IT scholarship, all applicants must:
- Have 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Be a full-time Coppin student
- Enroll in an IT-related major
- Freshman are also eligible and must meet Coppin's admission requirements and/or SAT or ACT requirements
- Show financial need on your completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The IT Division offers 2 merit scholarships both founded by contributions from ITD staff as well as Daly Computers, Inc in 2019 and 2020:
- Information Technology Division Foundation Merit Scholarship Endowment
- Information Technology Division Foundation Merit Scholarship II Endowment
Based on available funds, students can receive these awards annually for up to 4 consecutive years.
To be eligible for either merit IT scholarship, all applicants must:
- Be a sophomore, junior, or senior
- Be in an IT-related major
- Have a 3.2 cumulative GPA after 2 consecutive semesters as a full-time student
Once a student receives the award, they must maintain a minimum 3.2 minimum GPA for each consecutive semester as a full-time student.
Still have questions? Reach out to the IT Scholarship Coordinator: