Food Service Fall 2020 Operational Plan
Food service in the Fall 2020 semester will be on a takeout basis only. There will be no available seating in the Talon Center dining hall.
Talon Center Food Service Hours of Operation: August 14, 2020 through December 22, 2020
Monday thru Friday:
- Breakfast – 7:00 a.m. thru 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch – 11:30 a.m. thru 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner – 4:30 p.m. thru 9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday:
- Brunch – 10:00 a.m. thru 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner – 4:30 p.m. thru 9:00 p.m.
Out of an abundance of caution for the safety and well-being our students and staff and to help reduce wait times in the food service lines, Coppin State has developed the following general guidelines for residential students.
- Daley Hall – Breakfast 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., Lunch 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m., Dinner 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Brunch 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Dedmond Hall – Breakfast 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., Lunch 12:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Dinner 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., Brunch 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Please note, students who have classes that conflict with these guidelines, are able to visit the dining hall outside of the times listed above.
- There will be 3 hot food lines serving the same menu options to help reduce the wait time for students.
- The following stations will also be available, pizza, grill, dessert, and beverage.
- All food will be served by food service employees. No self service will be available.
Other On-Campus Dining Options:
During the Fall 2020 semester the Talon Café, Tawes Diner and Einstein Bagels will remain closed. Employees of the university may utilize the dining hall food service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Talon Dining Hall Food Service Procedures:
- The total number of students permitted in the dining hall area at one time will be limited to a maximum of students permitted based on university and state guidelines. A member of Thompson Hospitality will be at the entrance to the hall to ensure adherence to this limit. Masks are required for entry.
- Students will need to have their ID scanned in order to enter the dining hall service lines.
- Faculty and Staff not on a meal plan may use a credit card for payment. The costs are; Breakfast $5.00, Lunch $6.00, Dinner $7.50.
- Stanchions will be utilized to direct the flow of student traffic into and out of the serving area along with floor signage for social distancing and foot traffic flow.
- A food service employee will be in the area to help direct students to the appropriate station and assist with social distancing and traffic flow.
- A food service employee will direct students as they exit the dining hall area and help to maintain the student headcount within the area.
- Meals will be delivered to the residence halls for any students who are required to quarantine themselves.
Health and Safety Procedures:
- All staff will be temperature checked upon their arrival to campus.
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE.
- Sanitizing of the dining hall area will occur every 30 minutes.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the dining hall.
Coppin Dining services is helping your campus thrive by providing superior measurable outcomes in dining management. We create living and learning environments that foster healthy growth, build loyalty, and create lasting connections on campus.
We employ a world-class team of culinarians and registered dieticians to create innovative menu items that reflect how students eat on campus. We are committed to providing a wide range of healthy choices for students, faculty, and staff that fit their own style. We work closely with suppliers, dietitians, chefs, and you, our clients, to find the most innovative and tasteful selections. To stay connected to the campus community, we meet regularly with food service committees to hear their feedback and ideas.
The Dining Program
By understanding the specific dining needs of your campus community, we can create and maintain a compelling on-campus residential dining program that reflects the changing tastes and trends of Coppin State University. We supply a variety of options including international fare, comfort food, themed meal events, Coppin State University favorites, and so much more.
Today's students need wholesome, flexible, and convenient dining options that fit with their diverse lifestyle and preferences. In addition to residential dining, we feature an innovative proprietary brand, Tawes Center Diner, and a reputable national brand, Einstein Bros. Bagels. We've created the ideal mix of culinary choices that delight your entire campus.
From a boxed-lunch gathering for students to a fundraising even with V.I.P.s, our unparalleled Coppin State Catering and operational resources ensures consistent and flawless execution. Our staff of culinary experts consults with clients to craft exquisite creations that exceed expectations while stay within budget.
On behalf of the entire Coppin Dining team, welcome to Coppin State University. We look forward to dining with you.
Food Service Director