How to Apply
- Application and supporting documents for the Masters and Post-Masters programs must be received by the Office of Admissions by May 30th for Fall semester (contact department for more information).
- The FNP program admits students to the Fall term only. All applicants must submit the following materials:
- Complete the Coppin State University Graduate Division Application for Admission, pay the required application fee, and submit three (3) letters of recommendation to the Office of Admissions.
- Complete the Coppin State University Helene Fuld School of Nursing Application for Admission to Graduate Nursing Studies indicating which program you are applying to and send photocopies of the same three (3) letters of recommendation you forwarded to the Office of Admissions Graduate Division, to the Helene Fuld School of Nursing.
- Official transcripts from each college and university you have attended should be sent to both the Office of Admissions and the Helene Fuld School of Nursing.
- A photocopy of current licensure for practice of Nursing should be sent to the Helene Fuld School of Nursing only.
- A typewritten statement of goals and objectives (Statement of Intent as described on the Coppin State University Helene Fuld School of Nursing Application for Admission to Graduate Nursing Studies) should be sent to the Helene Fuld School of Nursing only.
- International applicants must submit an official testing of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report to the Office of Admissions. Minimum acceptable score is 550. (Contact department for more information.)
- Proof of satisfactory completion of a course in elementary statistics and/or nursing research.
- Official record of results of the aptitude portion of the GRE sent directly to the Office of Admissions and the Helene Fuld School of Nursing. (GRE is one of the criteria for admission evaluation.)
- Proof of satisfactory completion of a course in physical assessment in last five years or passed a challenge exam.
Be advised that you should keep copies of all information (transcripts, recommendations, GRE scores, and applications) for your records, and contact the Graduate Office as soon as you apply to arrange for a meeting with a Graduate Faculty Member.