Member and Guest Policies
We offer recreational and wellness programs and activities for students, faculty, staff, and community members. We design our programs and activities to be fun, create excitement, and help our campus community lead holistically healthy lifestyles.
Members and Guests
Coppin State University's recreational programs and facilities are open to members and guests. A member is someone 18 or older who has purchased a membership or pass. A guest is a person 18 or older who has purchased a one-time or short-term pass to campus recreation programs and facilities.
- Members must present proper Coppin State University Eagle Card ID and/or Campus Recreation identification to access and use all facilities.
- Members must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a membership or guest pass
- Members are responsible for any intentional and/or accidental damage they have caused to equipment.
- Members showing signs of intoxication or impairment due to illicit drug use will be denied access to recreation facilities and programs
These actions are strictly prohibited:
- Attempting to gain access into any Campus Recreation facility with an ID that's not yours
- Letting someone else use your ID to get access to Campus Recreation facilities
- Attempting to sneak someone inside emergency exit doors or other points of access not designated as a main entry
- Exiting through emergency exit doors during a non-emergency
Guests must follow all member and guest policies. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in disciplinary action, loss of guest and/or member privileges, and/or loss of access to recreational facilities.
Guest policies include:
- Each member may have up to 2 guests per day.
- All guests must present photo ID. IDs must include:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Members and guests must not solicit guest passes.
The following items are prohibited in all of the University’s facilities:
- Weapons and firearms of any kind
- Tobacco products
- Electronic cigarettes or vaping devices
- Skateboards or rollerblades/skates
- Electronic “hover boards” and cycling devices (indoor facilities)
- Balloons (indoor facilities)
- Pets with the exception of service animals
- Use of electronic equipment such as stereos, radios, amplifiers, speakers and musical instruments that violate a standard of quiet conducive to recreational activity or which disrupts other users
- Members and guests must wear appropriate athletic footwear in all activity areas
- Open-toed shoes, street shoes or shoes that mark the floors are prohibited
Additional Recreational Sports Facility Policies
- Members and guest can bring water in a sealed container. No other food and drinks can be brought into athletic facilities.
- Shirts must be worn at all times, and also must cover your torso.
- No jeans or clothing with zippers or rivets.
- Reservations may be made for courts up to three days in advance during designated open rec times
Campus Recreation staff will be responsible for setting up and taking down equipment—only authorized personnel can access this equipment.