Mission and Vision
Mission & Vision
The Academic Affairs Division includes faculty, staff, and administrators whose primary responsibility is to ensure that students receive an excellent education. The Division:
- Fosters an effective and engaging educational environment that promotes outstanding teaching, improved student learning, on-going assessment of student learning outcomes, research, scholarship, service, and other creative endeavors.
- Provides leadership for its members to grow and to discover potential talents through change shaped by knowledge embedded in historical perspectives.
- Offers premier academic programs reflective of community needs and workforce trends.
- Is accountable for teaching and learning consistent with Coppin State University’s mission, goals, and values.
- Supports student lifelong learning, critical thinking, and engaged citizenship.
The Academic Affairs Division is striving to become a vibrant scholarly community that values:
- Academic quality and academic freedom
- Principles of justice and integrity
- Faculty participation in shared governance
- Advancement of faculty interests as professionals
- Educational approaches that enhance learning and serve as models in the education of diverse populations
- Commitment to teaching and research that promotes faculty and student success
- Collaboration among disciplines, programs, and external constituencies
- Recruitment of highly qualified faculty and staff
- A learning environment that promotes student persistence to graduation