Student Complaints and Concerns | Coppin State University

Student Complaints and Concerns

Student Complaints and Concerns

Student Complaint or Concern Form

Submit a Complaint or Concern

Information on Student Complaints and Concerns

Coppin State University is committed to listening to its students and addressing student complaints and other concerns as they arise. We expect that your time at the University will be among the most productive and will prepare you for graduate school, first-professional education, and employment in the global marketplace.

The following information directs you to the Student Complaint Form and other helpful links to assist you in filing a complaint or student concern. As you know, Coppin State University participates in federal student aid programs that are authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.

Title 34 CFR §600.9 requires states to have a "process to review and appropriately act on complaints concerning the institution including enforcing applicable State laws." Title 34 CFR §668.43(b) requires that institutions: "make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student upon request, a copy of the documents describing the institution's accreditation and its State, Federal, or tribal approval or licensing. The institution must also provide its students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student's complaint."

To comply with this regulation, Coppin State University provides the following information to our current and prospective students. Please know that our goal is to make every effort to resolve student complaints internally, using policies and procedures outlined by the University, the major academic colleges, and by schools/departments. It is expected that students will fully utilize any and all of such administrative procedures to address concerns and/or complaints in as timely a manner as possible.

For Concerns and Procedures Regarding...

In the unlikely event that an issue cannot be resolved by the University, students may file a complaint with their respective state licensing authority. For students living in Maryland, the Maryland Higher Education Commission is the applicable agency.

Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 N. Liberty Street
Baltimore, Maryland