Students say that watching Tegrity recordings of their classes help them to study more effectively -- and that they wish all their classes used Tegrity! Research has shown that students who use Tegrity earn higher grades. You can easily use Tegrity to record your face-to-face classes in Coppin's smart classrooms as well as mini-lectures in your office and even at home.
- Record lectures, demonstrations, or tutorials from anywhere.
- Students can view lectures anytime, anywhere (great before midterms and finals!)
- Upload notes, annotations, and supporting files that align with the recordings.
- Chat live with students using Tegrity Connect.
- Remotely proctor exams.
- Have a live stream of a lecture.
- Help students retain more and achieve higher levels of performance
- Live broadcast lectures during inclement weather
How Can I Use Tegrity?
- Create a Welcome to Class/Orientation Video
- Record a Narrated PowerPoint Presentation
- Record Procedure Based Labs
- Allow students to record speeches or presentations
- Record guest lectures
What's New in Tegrity (2013)?
1. A New Interface for Enhanced Student Learning Experience!
Simple, contemporary, and gives students all the features they have enjoyed in the past: EZ navigation tools; state-of-the art search and search navigation; bookmarking and note-taking; printing and downloading. Faculty also have an improved user interface when managing their courses and content within a course.
2. Recording Transcript Downloading
You and your students can now view, print, and download transcripts from Tegrity recordings where captioning has been provided.
3. Easier Management of Course and Recording Tasks
Three easy-to-access tabs enable:
a. Sorting: Sort by date, title, and duration.
b. Course Tasks: Easily decide if you want to upload additional course content, videos, syllabi, or Connect assignment links; start a test for students; publish podcasts, etc.
c. Recording Tasks: Edit, move, copy, share, download, or request captioning for multiple recordings with a single click. All the functions you have done in the past remain; it is just easier to find and execute!
4. New Print Layouts
Tegrity now supports more optimized printer layouts for better facilitation of note taking and efficient use of paper.
5. New Editor UI
The edit recordings functionality also has a simpler user interface to make the editing experience easier and more powerful. Additional captioning functions have been added to make it easy to add, replace, and remove captions with support for more captioning formats, including Quicktime.
6. Copy/Move Additional Content
Now you can move or copy additional documents, media files, and links along with your Tegrity Recordings more easily.
7. New Sharing Options for Instructors
More options make it easier to share class links: a simple direct URL link is automatically created along with the ability to share to Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Tumblr.
8. Upload Recordings to YouTube
You now have the option to publish to your own YouTube account.
9. Twitter Course Notifications
You can specify your own Twitter account for sending out course notifications.
10. Mac Users
Mac users now have much easier and UI-integrated audio level controls.
Need Live Help 24/7? Visit the Coppin I.T. Online Help Center
Visit the Tegrity website for computer configuration specifications and requirements for viewing a Tegrity recording.