Violations and Fines
- Improper or No Display of Permit ($10) Issued to any vehicle when the permit is not displayed in a fashion that the permit number, type and expiration date are clearly visible or the permit is not displayed in the designated location.
- Parked in More Than One Space ($40) Issued to any vehicle that is not parked within the two lines designating a parking space.
- Abandoned Vehicle ($20) Issued to any vehicle determined by Parking and Transportation Services to have been abandoned or stored on the property without the approval of the University. Illegally parked vehicles are subject to towing and impoundment.
- Failure to Use a Designated Space ($40) Issued to vehicles parked in an area without displaying the appropriate permit or authorization. This includes, but is not limited to: failure to display the appropriate permit for the lot, parking in a reserved or restricted space, parking in a loading dock, parking in a visitor metered space, parking in landscaped areas, or parking in other areas not designated for parking. Illegally parked vehicles are subject to towing and impoundment.
- No Valid Permit ($75) Issued to any vehicle not displaying a valid permit in lots which require a permit. Also issued for parking more than one vehicle on campus at one time.
- Failure to Pay and Display ($75) Issued to any vehicle not displaying a valid pay-station receipt on vehicle dashboard
- Expired Meter ($12) Issued to a vehicle that has paid to park, but the meter expired.
- Prohibited Parking (State Regulated Violation) ($100) Issued to vehicles parked in a fire lane, within 15 feet of a hydrant, in a roadway, on crosswalks or at bus stops. Exceptions made for marked fire/rescue vehicles and police vehicles. Illegally parked vehicles are subject to towing and impoundment.
- Handicapped Area (State Regulated Violation) ($250) Issued to: any vehicle parked in a handicapped space without displaying a valid, state-issued handicapped permit or license plate; vehicles parked in an adjacent transfer area, with or without a valid handicapped permit. Illegally parked vehicles are subject to towing and impoundment.
- Displaying an Altered, Lost/Stolen Permit or Using Permit of Another ($300)
- Displaying Altered CSU Permit
- Displaying Lost / Stolen CSU Permit
- Using the Permit of Another
- Driving a vehicle that is registered to another individual that does not attend daily classes
Issued for utilizing or being in possession of a permit which has been altered, reproduced, reported lost or stolen or improperly obtained from an agency or person other than Parking and Transportation Services. Possession of an altered, lost or stolen permit may result in criminal charges. Vehicles are subject to towing and impoundment.
Coppin State University offers the right to either an administrative appeal or court hearing for citations regarding failure to comply with regular regulations. Requests for an administrative appeal or district hearing must be submitted within 25 calendar days of the violation. Choosing one review process waives the right to choose the other process.
All appeal requests must be submitted in writing to Parking and Transportation Services by completing an Appeal Form. Forms must be fully completed to be considered for review. Appeals will be reviewed by The Appeals Committee, which is represented by faculty, staff, and students, on a weekly basis. All appeal decisions are final and binding.
Appeals can be dropped off in person or emailed to email@example.com.
Citation payments are due within 30 calendar days. Failure to pay parking fines may result in vehicle registration renewal being withheld by State MVA, registration/transcripts blocked, and/or account turned over to the State Central Collection Unit.
Make a payment by mail
Mail a check or money order made payable to: Coppin State University
Coppin State University
Parking & Transportation Services
Talon Center, Room 132
Baltimore, MD 21216
Make a payment in person
Visit the PTS office and choose one of the following payment choices:
- Cash (exact amount)
- Check (make check payable to Coppin State University)
- Charge (Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover)
Make a payment over the telephone
Payments can be taken over the telephone by calling the PTS office at 410-951-3556.