How Employment and Income Verification Works
How it Works
When you apply for credit or other services and proof of employment and/or income is required, you provide written consent to the organization, or "verifier", to verify the information you provided to them. Verifiers will be carefully screened and credentialed before gaining access to The Work Number. Verifiers must provide a valid reason or permissible purpose for requesting the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
In addition to providing your written consent, you will need to provide the verifier with the following information.
- The Work Number Access Methods - www.theworknumber.com or 1-800-367-5690
- The Coppin State University Employer Code: 18270
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- You may be requested to provide a Salary Key to verify income
- Visit www.theworknumber.com/employees or call 1-800-367-2884
- Enter the Coppin State University Employer Code (18270)
- Enter your Employee ID
- Enter your PIN # (last 6 digits of SSN)
- First-time users will be asked to provide additional personal contact information to obtain a One-Time Passcode (OTP) to verify your identity
- Follow the instructions to create a salary key