Publications and Proceedings
Research at the center for nanotechnology has been published in a number of highly regarded peer-reviewed journals
- William Ghann, Hyeonggon Kang, Edward Emerson, Jiyoung Oh, Tulio Chavez-Gil, Fred Nesbitt, Richard Williams, Jamal Uddin, Photophysical properties of near-IR cyanine dyes and their application as photosensitizers in dye sensitized solar cells, In Inorganica Chimica Acta, Volume 467, 2017, Pages 123-131, ISSN 0020-1693, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ica.2017.08.001.
- Ghann, W., Chavez-Gil, T., Goede, C.I., Kang, H., Khan, S., Sobhi, H., Nesbitt, F. and Uddin, J. (2017) Photophysical, Electrochemical and Photovoltaic Properties of Porphyrin-Based Dye Sensitized Solar Cell. Advances in Ma- terials Physics and Chemistry, 7, 148-172. https://doi.org/10.4236/ampc.2017.75013
- Ghann, W. , Sobhi, H. , Kang, H. , Chavez-Gil, T. , Nesbitt, F. and Uddin, J. (2017) Synthesis and Characterization of Free and Copper (II) Complex of N,N′-Bis(Salicylidene)Ethylenediamine for Application in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells. Journal of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, 5, 46-66. doi: 10.4236/msce.2017.56005
- William Ghann, Hyeonggon Kang, Tajbik Sheikh, Sunil Yadav, Tulio Chavez-Gil, Fred Nesbitt & Jamal Uddin, Fabrication, Optimization and Characterization of Natural Dye Sensitized Solar Cell. Scientific Report ,7, 41470; doi: 10.1038/srep41470 (2017)
- William Ghann and Jamal Uddin (2017). Terahertz (THz) Spectroscopy: A Cutting‐Edge Technology, Terahertz Spectroscopy - A Cutting Edge Technology, Dr. Jamal Uddin (Ed.), InTech, DOI: 10.5772/67031. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/terahertz-spectroscopy-a-cutting-edge-technology/terahertz-thz-spectroscopy-a-cutting-edge-technology
- Renewable energy: Prospects and trends in Bangladesh; M.F. Hossain, S. Hossain and M. J. Uddin, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Vol. 70, pp 44-49 (2017)
- William Ghann, Aunik Rahman, Anis Rahman & Jamal Uddin, Interaction of Sensitizing Dyes with Nanostructured TiO2 Film in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using Terahertz Spectroscopy. Scientific Report. 6, 30140; doi: 10.1038/srep30140 (2016)
- Lawrence Amadi , Shaichi Sen Jenny , Asif Ahmed , Nikia Brown , Sunil Yadav , Destiny Brown , William Ghann , Alec Gayrama , Mintesinot Jiru , Jamal Uddin ; Creation of Natural Dye Sensitized Solar Cell by Using Nanostructured Titanium Oxide;* Nanoscience and Nanoengineering Vol. 3(3), pp. 25 - 32 (2015)
- Sunil Yadav 1, Shaichi Sen Jenny 1, Asif Ahmed 1, Lawrence Amadi 1, Fred L. Nesbitt 1, Aisha Ward 1, William Ghann 1, Destiny Brown 1, Jamal Uddin 1,*, Md. Faruque Hossain 2, Md. Nizam Uddin 3 Natural Light-harvesting Sensitizers for Dye Sensitized Solar Cell; Energy and Environmental Engineering Vol. 3(4), pp. 94 - 99 (2015)
- Soil Carbon Stock Measurements and Distribution Over Canada’s North; M.F. Hossain, W. Chen, Yu Zhang, J, Li, J. Wang, G. Pavlic and Md. Jamal Uddin, Research Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Management. Vol. 4(2), pp.112-130 (2015)
- “A method to determine the number of nanoparticles in a cluster using conventional optical microscopes” Hyeonggon Kang, Ravikiran Attota, Vipin Tondare, Premsagar Kavuri, and Andras E Vladar. Appl. Phys. Lett 107, 103106 (2015).
- Acid Cleaning of Corrosive Kraft Digesters and Evaporators; M. Wekesa, Md. J. Uddin, P. Conde , P. Singh, Universal Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 2(1), pp. 6 – 10 (2014)
- T. Kameya, J. Uddin, G. Suzuki & H. Katsuma, An Energy Storage And Rapid Charge System Using EDLC For The Solar Light Rail, WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, Vol. 135, pp. 779 - 790, 2014
- Takaki Kameya, Jamal Uddin, Hiroshi Kezuka, Genji Suzuki, Hidetoshi Katsuma, Demonstration Experiment for Energy Storage and Rapid Charge System for the Solar Light Rail, In Energy Procedia, Volume 57, 2014, Pages 906-915, ISSN 1876-6102, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2014.10.300.
- Ghann, W. E.; Kim, Young-Seung; Xu, Su; Lu, Xin; Smith, Mark F.; Gullapalli, R; Fleiter, T.; Brechbiel, Martin W.; Daniel, MC. Bifunctional gold nanoparticles for targeted dual imaging of angiotensin converting enzyme. Proc. SPIE 2013, 8719(Smart Biomedical and Physiological Sensor Technology X), 87190U/1-87190U/9.
- Takaki Kameya, Jamal Uddin, Genji Suzuki, Hiroshi Kezuka, Hidetoshi Katsuma, Demonstration Experiments of Energy Storage and Rapid Charge System Using EDLC for LRT Running by Renewable Energy, Proceedings of J-RAIL 2013, pp. 191 - 194, 2013
Takaki Kameya, Jamal Uddin, Satoshi Nakamura, Takahiro Nakamura, Hideo Sasaki, Hiroshi Kezuka, Genji Suzuki, Hidetoshi Katsuma, Proceedings of JSES/JWEA Joint Conference, pp. 365 - 368, 2013
Md. Jamal Uddin, Nicolas DiCesare, and Joseph R. Lakowicz, Photoinduced electron transfer quenching and sugar effects on the elctrostatic interaction between an anionic Ru(II) complex and cationic bipyridinium derivatives funtionalized with boronic acids; Inorganic Chimica Acta, Vol.381, 104-110 (2012)
- Ghann, W. E.; Zabetakis, K.; Kumar, S.; Daniel, M.-C. Effect of high gold salt concentrations on the size and polydispersity of gold nanoparticles prepared by an extended Turkevich-Frens method. Gold Bulletin 2012, 45(4), 203-211.
- Ghann, W. E.; Aras, O.; Fleiter, T.; Daniel, M.-C. Syntheses and Characterization of Lisinopril-Coated Gold Nanoparticles as Highly Stable Targeted CT Contrast Agents in Cardiovascular Diseases. Langmuir 2012, 28(28), 10398-10408.
Hyeonggon Kang, Matthew L. Clarke, Silvia H. De Paoli Lacerda, Alamgir Karim, Leonard F. Pease III, Jeeseong Hwang. Multimodal optical studies of single and clustered colloidal quantum dots towards the long-term performance evaluation of optical properties of quantum dot-based molecular imaging phantoms’. Biomedical Optics Express, 3, 1312-1325 (2012).
An insight into Mn(II) Chemistry: A study of Reaction kinetics under alkaline conditions; Moses Wekesa, Md. Jamal Uddin and Hany F. Sobhi, International Journal of Chemistry Research, Vol. 2, Issue 4, 34-37 (2011)
Bis[μ-2-(pyridin-2-yl)ethanolato]bis[bromidocopper(II)]; M. Mobin Shaikh, Saloni Mathur and Md. Jamal Uddin, Acta Cryst. E67, m1612, (2011)
- Ghann, W. E.; Aras, O.; Fleiter, T.; Daniel, M.-C. Synthesis and biological studies of highly concentrated lisinopril-capped gold nanoparticles for CT tracking of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). Proc. SPIE, 2011, 8025, 80250H/1-80250H/12; doi:10.1117/12.885526
- Daniel, M.-C.; Grow, M. E.; Pan, H.; Bednarek, M.; Ghann, W. E.; Zabetakis, K.; Cornish, J. Gold nanoparticle-cored poly(propyleneimine) dendrimers as a new platform for multifunctional drug delivery systems. New Journal of Chemistry 2011, 35(10), 2366-2374.
- Md. Jamal Uddin, Alfred Amah, Richard J. Williams, Akio Yoshimura and Takeshi Ohno, A review of the contribution of electron transfer reactions in the quenching of photo-excited Ru(2, 2’- bipyridine – 4, 4’- dicarboxylate)34 – with CoL33+ OR MV2+ (L: 2,2’- bipyridine, 2, 2’: 6,6’ Terpyridine or Ethylenediamine); International Journal of Academic research, Vol. 1, 6-16, (2009)
- HyeongGon Kang, Matthew L. Clarke, Jianyong Tang, John T. Woodward, Shin G. Chou, Zhenping Zhou, Jeffrey R. Simpson, Angela R. Hight Walker, Tinh Nguyen, and Jeeseong Hwang, “Multimodal, Nanoscale, Hyperspectral Imaging Demonstrated on Heterostructures of Quantum Dots and DNA-Wrapped Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes” ACS Nano, 3, p. 3769-3775, (2009).
- Water-Soluble DNA-Wrapped Single-Walled Carbon-Nanotube/Quantum-Dot Complexes”Zhenping Zhou, HyeongGon Kang, Matthew L. Clarke, Silvia H. De Paoli Lacerda, Minhua Zhao, Jeffrey A. Fagan, Alexander Shapiro, Tinh Nguyen, and Jeeseong Hwang, Small, 5, No. 19, p. 2149–2155, (2009).
- Jeffrey R. Krogmeier, Hyeong Gon Kang, Matthew L. Clarke, Peter Yim and Jeeseong Hwang“Probing the Dynamic Fluorescence Properties of Single Water- Soluble Quantum Dots”,Optics Communications. 281, p. 1781 – 1788, (2008).
- Hyeong-Gon Kang, Seong Kyu Kim, Haeseong Lee, “The analysis of superconducting thin films modified by AFM lithography with a spectroscopic imaging technique”, Surface Science, 600, p. 3673-3676, (2006)
- The characterization of the high-frequency vibronic contributions to the 77K emission spectra of Ruthenium-Ammine-Polypyridyl complexes: Their attenuation with decreasing energy gaps and the implications of strong electronic coupling for inverted–region electron-transfer; Puhui Xie, Yuan J. Chen, Md. Jamal Uddin, and John F. Endicott, J. Phys. Chem. A, 109, 4671-4689, (2005)
- The Metal -to- Ligand Charge –Transfer Luminescence of Ruthenium(II)-Polypyridine-Tetraam(m)ine Complexes. Support for the Inter-Convertibility of Optical and Thermal (Kinetic) Franck-Condon Parameters; Puhui Xie, Yuan J. Chen, John F. Endicott, Md. Jamal Uddin, Dhehinie Seneviratne and Patric G. McNamara , Inorg. Chem. (communication). 42, 5040 – 5042, (2003)
- Fluorescence spectral properties of Indocyanine Green on a roughened platinum elctrode; Chris D. Geddes, Alexandr Parfenov, David Roll, Md. Jamal Uddin and Joseph R. Lakowicz , Journal of Fluorescence, 13, 453-457, (2003)
- Characteristics and Properties of Metal-to-Ligand-Charge-Transfer excited States in 2,3-bis(2-Pyridyl)Pyrazineand 2,2’-Bipyridine Ruthenium Complexes.Perturbation Theory-Based Correlations of Optical Absorption and Emission Parameters with Electrochemistry and Thermal Kinetics, and Related Ab-initio Calculations; Dhehinie S. Seneviratne, Md. Jamal Uddin, V. Swayambunathan, H. Bernhard Schlegel and John F. Endicott, Inorg. Chem. 41, 1502-1517, (2002)
- MLCT Excited States and Charge Delocalization in Some Ruthenium-Ammine-Polypyridyl Complexes; John F. Endicott, H. Bernhard Schlegel, Md. Jamal Uddin and Dhehinie S. Seneviratne, Coord. Chem. Rev. 229, 95-106, (2002)
- Some Spectroscopic Aspects of Electron Transfer in Ruthenium(II) Polypyridyl Complexes; John F. Endicott, Md. Jamal Uddin and H. Bernhard Schlegel, Research on Chemical intermediates, 28(7-9), 761-778, (2002)
- Correlations of Optical and Thermal Charge Transfer; John F. Endicott and Md. Jamal Uddin, Coord. Chem. Rev. 219-221, 687-712, (2001)
- Low Quantum Yields of Electron-Transfer Reaction of Photoexcited Ru(bpydc)34- with Co(tpy)23+ and Methylviologen2+ (bpydc:2,2’-Bipyridine-4,4’-dicarboxylate and tpy:2,2’:6’,2”-Terpyridine) ; Akio Yoshimura, Md. Jamal Uddin, Nobuaki Amasaki, and T. Ohno , J. Phys. Chem. A, 105, 10846-10853, (2001)
- Emission quenching of double complex salt crystals of [RuL3]3[Co(bpydc)3]2.nH2O (L: 2,2’-bipyridine, 2,2’-bipyrazine, or 4, 4’-dimethyl-2,2’-bipyridine, and bpydc: 2,2’-bipyridine- 4, 4’-dicarboxylate); Md. Jamal Uddin, A. Yoshimura and T. Ohno, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 72, 1-9 (1999)
- Determination of Zinc and Copper in soils with Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry; D. A. Hadi, S. Akhter, A. M. Shafiqul Alam and Md. Jamal Uddin, Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res. 32(2), 178-181, (1997)
In Press/ Preparation
- Determination of Lead, Cadmium and Chromium in some soil samples of Dhaka Area, A. M. Shafiqul Alam, D.A. Hadi, Sohela Akhtar and Md. Jamal Uddin, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, (accepted for publication)
- Jiyoung Oh1, William Ghann1, Fred Nesbitt1, Stephen Providence2 and Jamal Uddin*1 Comparison of the Performance of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells F abricated with Ruthenium Based Dye Sensitizers: Di-tetrabutylammonium cis-bis(isothiocyanato)bis(2,2’-bipyridyl-4,4’-dicarboxylato)Ruthenium(II) (N719) and Tris(bipyridine)Ruthenium(II) Chloride(Rubpy), In press
- Anis Rahman, Aunik K Rahman, William Ghann, Hyeonggon Kang, and Jamal Uddin,Terahertz Multispectral Imaging for the Analysis of Gold Nanoparticles’ Size and the Number of Unit Cells in Comparison With Other Techniques
- William Ghann & Jamal Uddin, Terahertz spectroscopic studies of quantum dots-conjugated gold nanoparticles, manuscript in press
- William Ghann, Hyeonggon Kang, and Jamal Uddin, Synthesis and Characterization of Reduced Graphene Oxide and their application in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Manuscript in Preparation
- Obinna Iwuji, William Ghann, Jamal Uddin, Fabrication and performance of Dragon-fruit natural dye sensitized solar cell, Manuscript in Preparation
- Chima Iwuji, William Ghann, Jamal Uddin, Rhodamine 800 as a synthesizer for dye sensitized solar cells, Manuscript in Preparation
- Adrian Jones, William Ghann, Jamal Uddin, Indocyanine green as a sensitizer for dye-sensitized solar cell, Manuscript in Preparation
- MJ Uddin, editor Terahertz Spectroscopy- a Cutting Edge Technology publish by InTech, Croatia (2017)
- Edited and released in July 2012 the book “Macro To Nano Spectroscopy”, ISBN 978-953-51-0664-7 (INTech, Croatia); by Jamal Uddin
Dr. Uddin is the editor of the book titled “Macro to Nano Spectroscopy” published by Intech. This book shed light on recent progress in spectroscopic technologies, theory and applications of advanced spectroscopy. It consists of 20 chapters written by renowned international scientist with expertise in various fields of science and technology. Chapters in the book have been downloaded over 120,000 times.Dr. Uddin also recently edited another book published by the Intech publishing group with the title “Terahertz Spectroscopy- a cutting edge technology”. The book focuses on the generation and application of terahertz technology in various scientific fields. Published in March of 2017, chapters in the book have been downloaded almost. 5,000 times