Grants and Contracts Procedures
Procedures & Information
All funds awarded to Coppin State University through grants and contracts require a University PeopleSoft Project ID Number. In PeopleSoft (PS), grants and contracts are referred to as Projects. The PeopleSoft Project ID Number is essential because it allows for faculty and staff to be paid, materials to be purchased and related expenses to be reimbursed.
Project Directors/Managers seeking to obtain a University PeopleSoft Project ID Number for an awarded grant or contract for their respective departments, projects, institutions or programs must notify the Grants and Contracts Office. The process normally takes about five business days in order to be set up in the University’s accounting/budget system.
When requesting a PeopleSoft Project ID Number for a grant or contract, the Project Director/Manager should do the following:
- Notify the Grants and Contracts Office of the grant and/or contract award. Notification can be in the form of an email, phone call or an in-person meeting.
- Send a hard copy of the "Award Notification" to the Grants and Contracts Office within 24 hours of notification.
- Submit a completed "Request for Department/Project ID Form" to the Grants and Contracts Office. The Request for Department/Project ID Form can be found on the Controller's Office website.
- On the Form, designate a project responsible person, project requester, project approver and their alternates.
- Attach all documentation that clearly explains the terms and requirements for the grant or contract.
- Indicate whether or not the Grant is full Federal support or has a provision for In-Kind Contributions (highlight this in grant/contract documentation).
- Submit a Project budget. The Grants and Contracts Office can assist with the preparation of all budgets required for the Project, if necessary.
- Upon submission of the completed "Request for Department/Project ID Form" and required documentation, a PeopleSoft Project ID number will be assigned.
A PeopleSoft Project ID cannot be assigned until all documentation has been submitted to the Grants and Contracts Office.
The Grants and Contracts Office should be notified and kept abreast of any requests that will alter the grant or contract. Additionally, any interim and or final reports should be reviewed by the Grants and Contracts Office staff before the information is submitted to the Grantor.
For budget and/or financial inquiries, please contact the Grants and Contracts Office: