Coppin State University is pleased to announce the availability of business skills development training via the Internet. Available immediately is an on-line comprehensive catalog of more than 3,000 courses. These courses, developed by a market leader in on-line learning - SkillSoft - offer employees a wide variety of training opportunities designed to enhance critical business, professional and IT skills. We believe that this cost effective, just-in-time approach to training will support our commitment to provide employees with opportunities to grow and develop in their careers.
Important: You must be assigned a user ID and password and attend orientation before you can access SkillPort.
The courses available to you have been chosen from a wide range of topics, including…
- Administrative Support
- Business Law
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Industry Foundations
- Information Technology
- Knowledge Management
- Personal Development
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building
Benefits of E-Learning
- Access training anytime, anyplace
- Courses are interactive & engaging
- Learn at your own pace
- Take courses on the internet, or download them to your PC and work offline
- Bookmark your place to return later
- Save time over some instructor led training
Tips for Getting the Most from Your E-Learning Experience
- To Schedule your e-Learning, print the E-Learning contract available on drive K:\Human Resources\Skillsoft and get approval from your supervisor.
- Schedule your e-Learning just as you would if you intended to go to a class.
- To avoid interruptions at your desk, post a "Student In Training" note at your office door or work cubicle.
- Take Preassessments to pinpoint subject areas to focus on, and skip material you already know.
- Use the reference materials and job aids that supplement the course.
- Take the Mastery assessments to ensure you've learned what you need.