Position Requisition Transition Form
The Position Requisition Transition Form (RTF) is required to begin the recruitment process for all positions within the University. This form allows the Office of Human Resources to ensure that the position is approved by the Hiring Authority and the Budget Office. The receipt of the RTF is the prompt for the Office of Human Resources to begin the recruitment process. A job description should accompany the RTF when requesting a new position. The following signatures are required for the RTF:
- Dean (Division of Academic Affairs only)
- Vice President
- Title III (Grant funded positions only)
- Budget Office
Application Statement for all Applicants
The following statement is required to be certified by all applicants for all positions within the University. This statement authorizes Coppin State University to complete a background check and outlines the grounds for dismissal from the University in regards to the employment application. All questions regarding the Application Statement for all Applicants can be directed to HR@coppin.edu.
I certify that all statements made on this application and the information contained in all other documents I have submitted in support of my application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that Coppin State University may verify the information I have furnished.
I understand and agree that any misrepresentation, omission, or falsification of information provided constitutes grounds for immediate dismissal and may disqualify me for employment at Coppin State University.
I authorize Coppin State University to make inquiries regarding my education, work experience, references, credit and criminal history. I understand that any job offer or subsequent employment may be conditioned on the University's receipt of a satisfactory background inquiry. I agree to cooperate in such inquiry and understand that providing misleading information may result in disqualification and/or termination. By electronically submitting this application, I certify that I have read and agree with these statements and conditions.
By electronically submitting this application, I agree to these conditions.
In order for your application to be reviewed for this position, please answer the supplemental questions and check the certify statement above.
[X] I certify that I have read and agree with these statements
Getting Started: New Hire Checklist
Welcome to Coppin State University! Here’s an easy step by step checklist to assist you with completing all the required onboarding items prior to your first day as a new employee. By completing all of the items on the New Hire Checklist this will ensure you are paid and receive employee benefits in a timely manner. All of the employee forms required for you to present to the Office of Human are provided for you below and listed under New Hire Documents.
If you need assistance or have any questions in regards to onboarding, please contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
New Hire Documents
- Form W-4, 2017, Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate (Maryland)
- Form W-4, Instructions, 2017
- Form W-4, 2017, Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate (D.C.)
- Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization, State of Maryland
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- Acknowledgement Receipt of Policies and Benefits
- Demographic Form
- Leased/Loaned Property Agreement
- Ethnicity and Race Data Collection
New Hire Orientation
Coppin State University is a unique workplace filled with opportunities for all employees. Coppin State University has a rich history and as a new faculty or staff member, we want you to be well informed on our remarkable legacy that makes employees "Coppin Proud!"
The Coppin State University New Hire Orientation will connect you to the University beyond your position and department. The Office of Human Resources will provide an invitation to you to attend New Hire Orientation during the onboarding process.
By attending, you will:
- Learn about the rich legacy that is Coppin State University;
- Strengthen your connection to the greater University community by meeting employees from other departments, colleges and areas of the University;
- Develop a greater understanding of how things work at the University (e. g, Payroll, Parking, information services and other valuable resources);
- Gain a greater understanding of employee benefits and the advantages of being a Coppin State University employee.
Request for Temporary Employee
The Office of Human Resources works to provide temporary staff from local staffing agencies to fill gaps that may occur for various business needs within your department. In order to begin the request for a temporary staff for your department, please complete the Request for Temporary Employee form below and send to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. A recruitment team member will contact you directly to begin the search to find a highly qualified temporary staff to fulfill your department needs.
- Definitions of University Position Types
- Standard Operating Procedures – Contingent I Hiring Process
- Contingent I Hiring Process Workflow
- Contingent II Hiring Process Workflow
- Staff Hiring Process Workflow
- Interview and Selection Process
- Confidentiality Agreement for Search Committee Members
- New Background Check Process
- Manager's Checklist for New Employees