Bursar and Student Accounts FAQs | Coppin State University

Bursar and Student Accounts FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is the cost of tuition and fees for the semester?
Please go to www.coppin.edu and follow the navigation.
All Things Financial > Cost of Attendance.

Q. How can I review my account online?
All enrolled students may review his/her account by going to (www.coppin.edu) and click on EagleLINKS on the top of the webpage. Here you will be asked to log into your account. In the Student Center, please click "Account Summary" then the "Detailed Account Summary" page or call (410) 951-3677.

Q. Can I waive any of the fees?
The Health insurance fee is the only fee that a student has the option to waive. The student must provide proof of current health coverage. Please visit the EagleLINKS homepage for information during the start of the term for information regarding this process.

Q. Are books free?
No. Students who are eligible may request a book voucher with the Office of Financial Aid. The requested and approved amounts will reflect on the student's account as a charge. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for information at (410) 951-3636 (Select #6 on the menu).

Q. When is my bill due?
All tuition and fees are due prior to the start of the semester. For the most current semester’s bill due date, please go to the EagleLINKS portal homepage and read the message alerts that are populated in the blue” EagleLINKS Announcements” box. You may also contact the Bursar/Student Accounts Office at (410) 951-3677 for assistance.

Q. What are the payment options?
The University accepts payments by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, Cash and Checks. Checks are to be made payable to the University. Two party, post-dated and starter checks are not accepted.
Payments may be made in person at the Cashier's Station (Administration Bldg. 2nd level) or online via Web Pay by logging into your EagleLINKS account. Also, a drop box has been installed at Cashier's Station for those who wish to make payments after the posted business hours. This drop box is emptied each morning and a receipt is sent in the mail. Payments are also accepted via the telephone. Please contact (410) 951-3691 or 3677.

Q. Does Coppin offer a payment plan?
Coppin State University offers students the option to establish a financial payment arrangement to pay their tuition cost at a later date. The payment terms and due date are arranged per consultation with the Bursar/Student Accounts Office. This agreement is subjected to a non-refundable fee. For questions regarding this financial arrangement, please contact the Bursar/Student Accounts Office at (410) 951-3677 for additional assistance.


Q. If I don't go to class, am I still liable for a bill?
Students are responsible for securing funds for payment of tuition and fee charges whether it is financial aid, scholarships, bank or federal loans, cash, etc. prior to registering for classes.
Students are responsible for payment of tuition and fee charges for courses in which the student is admitted regardless of whether or not he/she attends the courses or receives financial aid.
If a student decides not to attend classes at the University, he/she must drop the classes by the drop deadline to avoid being charged tuition and fees and/or earning failing grades.
The student is responsible for completing the drop transaction by the drop deadline in the following manner:
On-line self-service through EagleLINKS,
Submitting the completed and signed drop form in-person to the Office of Records and Registration at     Coppin State University, or Mailing or faxing a typed and signed letter requesting to be dropped to the Office of Records and Registration, Coppin State University, 2500 West North Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21216

Q. Where do I pick up my refund check?
Refunds checks are issued and mailed to a student's address from the State of Maryland's Comptroller's Office. It is imperative that students update their home, billing and permanent addresses.

Q. My account was forwarded to the State of Maryland's Central Collection Unit. Can I register for classes?
No. All outstanding accounts must be settled in full prior to any future enrollments.