Ten Things Coppin Men Must do to be Successful
- Work as if everything depends on you and pray as if everything depends on God.
- Set clear personal / academic goals and review them everyday.
- Stay focused on the future. Remember, you will never get ahead if you are always looking in the rear view mirror.
- Exceed the expectations of your instructor / professors and always strive for excellence.
- Heed the wisdom of your elders; oftentimes they’ve been where you are going.
- Nurture and support the significant persons in your life, who in turn will support you when you need it.
- Seek out and join forces with at least two other men on campus and form a “pact.” Lean on each other, study together, encourage each other and hold each other accountable for completing all academic related assignments.
- Read other books, journals and related papers beyond those assigned to you by your instructors/professors.
- Give back. Get involved with both on campus and off campus activities that will serve to enrich and enhance the lives of others as well as your own whenever time permits.
- Never, never give up. You must graduate. Do everything within your power to acquire as much information as possible, secure critical skills, and complete your studies so you will be able to uplift the Black community.