Housing Services | Coppin State University

Housing Services

Housing Services

Room Assignments

The Office of Housing completes room assignments for all new and returning students based on their housing application. Rooms are assigned for the academic year.

Billing and Refunds

The Office of Housing ensures that all resident accounts are properly billed chargeable services, damages, and associated fines.

Cable T.V. and Wireless Internet

Cable TV and wireless internet are included in your room and are available immediately when you move in. There is a cable outlet in each residence hall bedroom. The Internet is accessed by wireless connectivity. Look for the network “CSU-Wireless” and log in with student user ID and password. Cable is accessed by connecting your digital TV to the cable port in your room. You will need to provide your own cable cord. Once the TV is connected, use the "channel scan" feature of your TV to find the channels.

Channel Guide

XFINITY On Campus is an added benefit to your campus cable access, allowing you to watch your favorite shows on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer. To access XFINITY On Campus connect online or via the XFINITY Stream app using your CSU email and password. Find more information at www.xfinityoncampus.com.

Computer Labs

Computer labs are available in both residence halls. Each computer lab allows students to print for free. Students will need to supply their own paper for printing.

Laundry Facilities

Washers and dryers are located on the first level of each residence hall, the cost is $1.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry. Payment for laundry is electronic using the keypad in the laundry room. You must load money onto your Eagle Card to use the machines. Money can be loaded onto your Eagle Card one of two ways:

  • In-Person by Cash, Credit or Debit Card: Cashier’s Office, located in the Miles Connor Administration Building on the second floor
  • Kiosk by Cash: located in the Tawes Center, Talon Dining Hall, or in the Physical Education Complex (PEC) Mail & Print Services.

Dining Service

All residents are required to have a meal plan to live on campus. Under the meal plan, residents are able to dine in the Talon Center dining hall, Tawes Center Diner, and Einstein Bagels. Each plan allows for unlimited dining while the cafeteria is open. Plans also include "Dining Dollars" which can be used at the Tawes Center Diner and Einstein Bagels across campus.

Learn more about Dining Service

Maintenance and Housekeeping

The University provides an “in-house” maintenance and custodial staff. Working closely with the housing office, the facilities department conducts safety inspections, performs general maintenance functions and responds to work orders submitted by the housing office. Technicians are on call after business hours and on weekends to respond to emergency repair and other maintenance requests. Custodians regularly clean the public areas in and around all residential buildings.

For any concerns with your room, please submit a “Work Order” on Eagle Links. Go to Eaglelinks > Residence Life > Enter a Work Order

If it is an emergency, please contact the front desk staff or resident assistant for assistance.

Trash Disposal and Recycling

Residents are responsible for cleaning their rooms, suite areas, and bathrooms and for removing all trash and placing it in appropriate receptacles. Each floor in each building has a trash room for residents to put their trash in. Housekeeping staff maintains trash rooms, emptying trash daily. Residents are strongly encouraged to recycle using the provided containers.

Mail Service

Each resident is assigned a mailbox within their residence hall. Students receive mailbox assignments via email following opening. All mail is delivered to the Mail and Print Center in the Physical Education Complex and then delivered to the residence halls to your assigned mailbox. Packages and items too large for your box are held at the Mail and Print Center for your pick up. To have mail delivered address as follows:

Your Name
Building Name
Coppin State University
2500 West North Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21216

Learn more about Mail Service

Lockouts and Lost Access Cards

In the event of a misplaced or lost key, residents should go to the office of housing to arrange for a replacement. The charge for a replacement key is $175, which will be billed to your student account. After hours, the Resident Assistant in your building handles lockouts. Misplaced or lost access cards and identification cards should be reported to the Eagle Card office. The cost to replace a lost Eagle Card is $30. If you currently have a CSU ID and need access to Daley or Dedmond Hall, please click here to have your ID activated. All ID request are subject to Housing verification.

Pest Control

Residents are responsible for keeping their suites and bedrooms clean and safe. Pest control for the entire residence hall is provided periodically, and on an as-needed basis for individual rooms or suites. Residents needing their rooms treated should submit a work order.