Coppin Repertory Theatre presents The Meeting
Coppin Repertory Theatre at Coppin State University celebrates Black History Month with Jeff Stetson’s award-winning play, THE MEETING.
Set on Valentines Day, 1965, at the height of the Civil Rights Movement, this powerhouse play imagines a conversation between two of modern political life's most visionary leaders - Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. A provocative clash of ideas, political philosophies, and strategies, Jeff Stetson offers a rare glimpse into the shared humanity of not just two national icons, but two fathers who are ready to die for their beliefs.
A brief audience talk-back session will follow each performance.
Show Dates and Times:
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 28, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, March 1, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 2, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 6, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Location & Parking:
Performances are in the Theatre Lab, located on the lower level of the Grace Jacobs Building (campus map), near the North Avenue entrance to campus. Parking is free on campus on evenings (after 6:00 pm) and weekends.
- General Admission $25.00
- Seniors/CSU Faculty & Staff/Non-Coppin Students $20.00
- Coppin Students with ID $10.00