The Graduation Application process begins with the student completing a graduation application. The document must be approved by the student's advisor, department chairperson, and College Dean. Once those signatures have been obtained, the application is submitted to the Registrar's Office for processing. Students who have completed this process should check with their appropriate College Dean's Office to determine their clearance to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
Please note, a clearing to participate in the Commencement Ceremony only permits a student to attend the ceremony, but does not clear the student for graduation. Students who fail to meet degree requirement are notified by their department. Awarded students may verify their degree by accessing their unofficial transcript in EagleLINKS.
Candidates for graduation who wish to have their name appear in the commencement booklet must do the following:
- Request the graduation application from the advisor
- Complete the graduation application in its entirety and sign it in the presence of the advisor. Obtain written approval for graduation by obtaining the signatures of the advisor, chairperson, and dean of the major department
- Pay the graduation application fee ($50) at the Office of Student Accounts, located on the 2nd floor Miles W. Connor Building
- Submit the approved graduation application with proof of payment to the Office of Records and Registration located in the Miles W. Connor Building, 1st floor prior to the published deadline. (A candidate who submits their graduation application after the deadline will not have his/her name listed in the commencement booklet. A candidate who fails to satisfactorily complete all degree requirements within the session or semester in which he/she has applied must submit another application with the expected session or semester of completion. Failure to earn a degree within a year of your initial application will result in an additional application payment).
- Reminder: Students may confirm their application status in EagleLINKS > Reporting Tools > Student Center. GA indicator will notify students that their application has been processed by the Office of Records and Registration along with information regarding meeting the application's deadline date, dissemination of diploma timeline, the deactivation of enrollment in future registration periods, and whether or not their name will appear in the commencement booklet.
Winter & Spring 2018 Graduation and Diploma Application Deadline Dates
|Graduation Requirements Completion Date||Deadline Dates||Commencement Ceremony|
|Winter 2018||December 4, 2017||Spring 2018|
|Spring 2018||December 4, 2017||Spring 2018|
|Summers & Fall 2018||TBA||Spring 2019|