Alumni FAQs | Coppin State University

Alumni FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. 1. Do I have to pay dues in order to become an alumnus?

    No. Any person who received a degree from Coppin State University, or the institution by any of its other names is an alumni.

  2. 2. Who can be a member of the Alumni Association?

    Any Coppin alumni who wishes to become a member of the Alumni Association can do so. An active member of the Alumni Association pays annual dues, attends regular meetings, events and activities, and is in constant contact with the University and aware of its progress.

  3. 3. If I want a copy of my transcript or degree, can the Alumni Relations Office supply me with it?

    No. Any degree or transcript records should be sought from the Universities Registrar's Office.

  4. 4. How many Coppin Alumni are there?

    Currently there are 16,000 Alumni records in the database. Only 14,500 of those records are complete with valid mailing addresses.

  5. 5. How do I give a gift to Coppin?

    You can go online to Institutional Advancement and click on Online Giving. You can give a gift to Coppin by making your check payable to the Coppin State University Development Foundation, Inc. and mailing it to 2500 W. North Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21216.

  6. 6. I never receive mail from Coppin. Is that because I don't donate money?

    No. All of our alumni are important to us. If you don't receive mail, it's probably because you are not on our mailing list. Send your updated contact information (phone number, email address, and mailing address) to or call the Office of Alumni Engagement at (410) 951-3812.