Why Coppin? Student Video Contest
Published Tuesday, September 17th, 2013
Just create a 30-second video that demonstrates why you chose to attend Coppin State University. A panel of students, faculty and staff will choose the top two winners to be announced on Oct 2nd.
Grab a cell phone, video camera, flip phone - whatever you’ve got - and show us why you chose Coppin State University.
- Be creative.
- Be honest.
- Be inspired.
- But don’t be shy!
Show us in 30 seconds what makes this university special to you, and ...
You could win an iPad!
Just create a 30-second video that demonstrates why you chose to attend Coppin State University. A panel of students, faculty and staff will choose the top two winners to be announced on Oct 2nd. The 1st place winner will receive an iPad courtesy of the Information Technology Division and the runner up will receive a $50 Barnes & Noble Gift Card. This contest is open to all Coppin students enrolled in at least one for-credit course.
Videos will be judged more for their fun spirit and creativity than for their professional quality however overall quality and message clarity are important.
How to Enter
- Create your 30-second video on why you chose to attend Coppin State University.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Click here for instructions.
- Tag your video "Why Coppin"
- Set your video’s privacy to "Public"
- Copy the video’s YouTube url as you will need it for the contest entry form.
- Complete the contest entry form and bring/send to the Division of Institutional Advancement (Miles Conner Admin Building, 3rd Floor) by 5pm, September 27, 2013
- Video can be no longer than 30 seconds.
- Must have no copyright violations (slogans, music or images). Please contact us if you have questions about what slogans, music or images you can use. We don't want to have to declare your entry ineligible. Check 10 online resources for free, legal, music for copyright- free music.
- Must be G or PG rated. Any foul language or material inappropriate for young people and families makes the video ineligible.
- Include the phrase Why Coppin as part, but not all, of your title when you post the video on You Tube. In other words, we must be able to search on YouTube for "Coppin" or "Why Coppin” and come up with your video link.
- Must be created by current a Coppin student. Videos can be produced by an individual or a team although the prizes are awarded to the one individual listed on the entry form.
- Submitted by the deadline. Both the entry and the video posting must meet the deadline. No late submissions will be considered.
Brought to you by:
The Contest Legalities
By completing the Why Coppin Student Video Contest entry form, you confirm that you have read and agree to abide by the contest rules stated above, that you are the rightful creator of the video and that your video contains original work that does not violate any applicable copyright laws. By completing the entry form, you also confirm that you understand that the video becomes the property of Coppin State University and grants the university the full unrestricted rights to the use of video, including your name(s), photograph(s), voice(s), likeness(es), and biographical information, in any manner or media whatsoever, including edited versions, in audio/video presentations, streaming audio and/or video over the Internet, broadcast, cable, satellite transmissions, and media that are unknown at this time, worldwide for educational marketing purposes.
Completing the entry form also indicates that you understand you will not be paid any compensation and will receive no credit for the video. Coppin State University is not responsible or liable for any claims related to the video entry, such as those related to infringements of intellectual property rights, public dissemination of the video and invasion of privacy, libel or slander. The university is also not responsible for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions that may limit, or interfere with, a participant’s ability to take part in the contest. By participating in the contest, you agree to release and discharge the university, its directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and their agents from all actions, claims and demands arising out of your participation in the contest, the awarding of the prize or the use of any personal information.