Hours and Location
Mon-Fri9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Science and Technology Center
IT Security Tips
IT Security Program
"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." – John Wooden
- Protect your data with strong passwords (CSU password policy requires password must be a minimum of eight (8) characters; Must include one upper case letter and at least one digit; Must not be the user’s first or last name).
- Change password frequently (CSU password policy requires maximum life of a password must not exceed 120 days).
- Do not share your passwords.
- Do not open e-mail messages or click on links in messages that come from strangers or an untrusted source.
- Be cautious of what software and applications you install.
- Do not download “free” software, music or videos. These often contain spyware, adware or viruses.
- Be aware that file sharing in violation of copyright is prohibited.
- Do not use, copy, or share copyrighted works unless possessing a legal right to do so.
- Do not leave your laptop/any held held devices unattended unless it is physically secure.
- Only connect to trusted and secure wireless networks.
- Do not store sensitive data on shared drives, hard drives, flash drives, CDs etc.
- Report any suspected IT related incidents to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.