Office 365 Upgrade
CSU is proud to announce our upgrade from Live@Edu service to Office 365. Office 365 provides next generation communication and collaboration services from Microsoft, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Lync Online. This upgrade will allow CSU students to create websites, share calendars, collaborate on documents, screen share, conduct online meetings, and more.
The Office 365 upgrade builds on your existing Live@edu account and there is no need to move mailboxes, calendars, or contacts. You will have access to email, SkyDrive and Messenger/Skype throughout the upgrade process. It uses your current CSU username and password.
Here is a 2 minute video explaining the functionality of your accounts. http://aka.ms/upuibx
The upgrade will take place May 24, 2013.
What to Expect:
- Before the upgrade, all of your Live services are accessed by your email address and single password.
- After the upgrade, you will have two separate accounts:
- An Office 365 account, which uses your CSU username and single password to access email.
- A personal Windows Live account that retains access to Windows Live services, and is not used to access email.
- Student email will be down during the upgrade. Mail will continue to be delivered during this time.
- Active Directory will be locked for changes for all users for a period of time before and after the upgrade. For most users, this should not be an issue.
The University Account - Access Your Office 365 Email Here
Your Office 365 account function the same as your Windows Live account. This CSU account will be linked with your single password, and will be used to access email. Support for this account will be provided by CSU through the Help Desk.
- Outlook WebAccess: https://outlook.com/student.coppin.edu - Access your student email here.
- Change or manage your CSU password: https://eaglepass.coppin.edu
- Office 365 Upgrade Checklist for Users: http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/live-at-edu-transition/checklist-for-users.aspx
Your Personal Account - Access Windows Live Apps Here
The Windows Live account is now a personal account. This personal account will have all of your "Windows Live" features, including your Messenger, SkyDrive and MSN.
This personal account is not associated with CSU. Support for this account will be provided by Microsoft.
This account will have the same username to log in with, and will initially use the same password your account has on the day the upgrade is made. It will not link to your university account, so when you change your university password, your personal password will not change. It will also keep any Messenger contacts you may have added through Live@Edu.
- Microsoft Live: http://skydrive.live.com - Log into Microsoft Live here to access your SkyDrive, Messenger and more
- Microsoft Live Account Overview: https://account.live.com/ - Set your profile information and password reset info for Microsoft Live here.
How do I set up my Password Reset information for Windows Live?
Prevent loss of access to SkyDrive, Messenger and other Windows Live services by setting up your Password Reset information.
Without the Password Reset information, Microsoft will not be able to assist you with retrieving your account should you need password or account assistance. The CSU Help Desk does not have the access or ability to assist with Window Live password reset information.
To keep from potentially losing access to your files forever, log into your account at http://account.live.com and set your password reset information in the Account Security section.
- If you're already in Windows Live, hover the mouse over your name until the drop down menu appear, and then click Account. If you are not already logged into Windows Live, log in at https://account.live.com.
- In the Account Security section, locate Security Info and click Manage.
- Enter in your cell phone number and/or alternative email address. (We recommend both, in case you change your email address or phone number)