Instructional Technology & Training
Faculty can use TurnItIn within Blackboard to grade students' papers online, as well as easily check for unoriginal work (plagiarism).
- Encourages academic integrity in student writing by curtailing plagiarism.
- Supports the “going green” movement by eliminating the need for students to print papers.
- Allows faculty to record oral comments on student work.
- Permits a quick turn-around of student work with the Grade Mark function.
- Eliminates the need to have students email assignments to faculty. All students receive a digital receipt when they submit work via TurnItIn.
How Can I Use TurnItIn?
- Use TurnItIn to support students in developing their academic writing skills-Students can submit draft papers for checking before submitting a final written assignment.
- The PeerMark assignment option in TurnItIn allows students to review their peers' papers based on scale and free response questions pre-selected by the instructor.