A commercial photographer from GradImages will photograph each student during commencement. Following commencement, GradImages will send proofs and ordering information to students via standard mail and/or email. Please note that parents and guests will not be permitted on or near the stage to take photographs during the ceremony.
GradImages is the official photographer for commencement. Proofs will be sent to your home and via email within three to five days after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online www.gradimages.com, by phone 800.628.4509.
A diploma case will be presented to you at the commencement ceremony. Diplomas are not presented at the ceremony; they will be mailed about 2 to 3 months after the end of the semester. If you have outstanding financial obligations to the university you will not receive your diplomas.
Participation in the commencement ceremony is not an official declaration that you have graduated. For more information contact he Office of Records and Registration.
Coppin State University will provide a letter of invitation to assist graduates whose family need to apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony. Petitioners are required to complete the following steps for processing:
- Visit the Office of Records and Registration and request a Graduation Acknowledgement Letter Request Form.
- Complete the Graduation Acknowledgement Letter Request Form. It must be typed and completed in its entirety.
- Return the completed form to the Office of Records and Registration
The following information is required:
- Graduate’s name
- Graduate’s local mailing address
- Graduate’s expected degree
- Graduate’s major and school
- Date of ceremony which the graduate plans to participate
- Names of relative (please specify the relationship next to the name)
- Embassy’s address
Once the form is received the Office of Records and Registration will mail the letter for the embassy to the graduate. The letter will be mailed within three to four weeks of receipt of the request.