Wireless Network Instructions
Before you attempt to log into the wireless network you must:
- Enable your wireless adapter 802.11x (a, b, g or n) on your computer/laptop and install the latest drivers (if necessary), if you have an external wireless adapter insert it into computer first.
- Turn-off your pop-up blocker if attempting to access CSU-Guest wireless network.
Things To Remember
- The CSU wireless access is available campus wide. If you have access problems anywhere on campus please complete the Wireless Help Form.
- You must have your wireless card installed along with the latest drivers
- ITD does not support personal PC's Laptops or PDAs, however will assist with issues related to wireless access
- After 3 unsuccessful logins you will be locked out of the network and must wait 5 minutes before attempting to login again
- For additional assistance see the Wireless FAQ's web page.
- Click on the Internet Access icon in the Windows Taskbar. (It looks like a series of signal bars with a yellow spot on them.)
- Choose "CSU-Wireless" from the list of available wireless networks.
- When prompted for authentication, enter your
CSU Username ("JDoe" for faculty/staff or "Jdoe00" for student) and your Domain password as your password.
- Note: If you see a warning ask you to Terminate or Connect, please choose Connect even if the warning recommends Terminate, it's ok to Connect, and you should do so.
- Click the Start button, then click Connect to...;
- In the window that appears, click on "CSU-Wireless" and click Connect.
- If you are prompted, click "Enter/select additional log on information." The prompt may appear as a window, or as a bubble in the system tray.
- If you are entering additional information, sign in with your CSU Username ("JDoe" for faculty/staff or "Jdoe00" for student) and your Domain password as your password.
- You may be prompted to accept a certificate with a window like the one below. Click OK.
- Disable popup-blocker on web browser
- Connect to the wireless network named CSU-WebAuth
- Once connected launch internet browser.
- Enter username and password, and then click Log In.
Mac OS X
(*These instructions apply to Mac OS X 10.5 or higher. If you're attempting to use 10.4 (Tiger) to connect to 802.1x, please see Apple's support article.*)
- Make sure that the wireless card is turned on by clicking the AirPort icon on the menu and selecting the Turn AirPort On option.
- Now select "CSU-Wireless" from the list of available networks located in the AirPort menu
- Type your CSU Username ("JDoe" for faculty/staff or "Jdoe00" for student) and your Domain password as your password and then click OK to connect to the wireless network.
- When you connect to the wireless network with CSU-Wireless, you may see a certificate warning. If so, click on "Continue";
IOS Devices (IPod, IPhone, or IPod Touch)
- On your home screen, click on the icon that says Settings
- Touch the Option that says Wi-Fi
- Select the "CSU-Wireless".
- Enter in your CSU Username and Domain Password and press Join.
- From your apps screen, click on Settings
- Press the "CSU-Wireless"
- Press "Connect to Network"
- Here are the following settings to use:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: None
- CA Certificate: (unspecified)
- Client Certificate: (unspecified)
- Anonymous Identity:
- Wireless Password: Domain Password
- Press Connect