Every year, hundreds of alumni, friends, faculty and staff give to Coppin State University. We rely on our supporters to ensure that we can continue our legacy. For over 110 years Coppin State University has been educating and preparing students for real world challenges. The university has a long history of producing some of the most talented and committed educators, nurses, criminal justice professionals and entrepreneurs in the country.
In turn, we want to ensure that our donors get the best possible return on their investment. Like many other higher education institutions, Coppin has expanded its programs and course offerings, extended its reach to impact the surrounding community and heightened its awareness of the need to strengthen global relationships. Your philanthropy makes all these initiatives possible.
When you give, you're part of an influential group that allows Coppin State University to grow, advance and change. We nourish the minds of students with great potential and a high level of commitment to earning a degree. We advance the mission of the university by remaining committed to quality educational programs. We change lives by not only giving opportunities to those who would otherwise not have them, but also by producing change agents who go on to impact their communities and beyond.
Ways to Support
Annual Fund Support
Year after year the Annual Fund provides financial resources so that the Coppin State University Development Foundation can function and continue to raise the profile of the university. Annual Fund dollars are used to pay expenses related to operations and cover the most immediate needs of the Foundation.
At Coppin, we are as committed to our students' success as they are. We want to ensure that students can complete their degree program with little financial stress and the least amount of student loan debt. Scholarship support is high on the funding priority list, and has the most significant impact.
Special Programs and Other Restricted Purposes
Special programs such as the Bishop Robinson Criminal Justice Institute or the Dorothy I. Height Center for Social Justice are just two of the many programs and initiatives that donors can support. These types of initiatives and other programs and names scholarships at Coppin help to raise our profile, give our students exposure and set us apart from other higher education institutions.
Make a Gift
Coppin State University must be able to maintain the trust and confidence of its constituents so that we can continue to ask for your support. We promise to keep our mission at the core of everything we do, and we also promise to be report back to you about our outcomes and results. We know that you have the option of supporting hundreds of other charities. We want to meet your expectations so that you will choose Coppin.
Our fundraising success is comprised not only of the amount of gifts given, but also of the number of gifts received. Gifts of any amount help us to offer adequate academic programs to our students.
Make your gift today!
- Online: Give Now
- Through the Mail: Checks should be made out to CSUDF and mailed to
2500 W. North Avenue,
Baltimore, MD 21216
- Over the Phone: To make a credit card contribution or pledge by phone, please call 410-951-3800. Be prepared to give us the following information:
- Home Phone Number
- Amount of Gift/Pledge
- Designation of Gift/Pledge
- Credit Card Information
- Type of Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Card Number
- Expiration Date (Month/Year)
- Name on Card
- Recurring Gifts: You can break your gift up into monthly installment by having your credit or debit card automatically charged each month.
- Matching Programs: Multiply your gifts by having your companies match it. Click here to see if your company offers a matching gift program. Send your gift and companies matching gift form to:
- Coppin State University
2500 W. North Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21216
- Endowment: An endowment is a perpetual gift that will support university initiatives for years to come. Endowments funds are invested and the earnings are used to support various programs. These types of gift provide a long-term benefit for Coppin.
- Gifts of Securities, Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds: If you wish to give a gift of securities, stocks, bonds or mutual funds, call the office of Institutional Advancement at 410-951-3800. We will help to facilitate your gift.
- Gift Planning: There are a variety of ways that you can give a planned gift to Coppin
State University. Below are some of the planned giving options that may
be available to you:
- Gifts of Assets;stocks, bonds, and property
- Gifts by Will—receive a charitable estate-tax deduction
- Gifts That Pay You Income;gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and pooled income funds
- The Charitable Lead Trust;transfer property to Coppin State University
- Gifts of Retirement-Plan Benefits;assets held in accounts under 401(k) plans, profit-sharing plans, Keogh plans, and 403(b) plans
For more information, contact the Division of Institutional Advancement at 410-951-3800.