The State Comptroller's General Accounting Division (GAD) administers the statewide program. GAD requires each state agency to assign a Purchasing Card Program Administrator (PCPA). The PCPA is responsible for card issuance and control for their agency. The PCPA is also responsible for training all cardholders prior to issuing the P-Card. The training is a state requirement for all cardholders.
The main benefits for using a P-Card are:
- Eliminates the use of requisitions, purchase orders, invoice processing and check issuance;
- Small procurements can be made within hours instead of days.
Vendors benefit since the card-issuing bank pays them normally within two days of the purchase instead of the 25-30 day process required to invoice the agency and receive payment from the state.
The primary responsibilities of the Cardholders are:
- To procure goods and services at the best price for the University;
- maintain records and supporting documents for all purchases;
- reconcile purchases to monthly card statements.
For additional information, please contact Mr. Thomas Dawson, Purchasing Card Program Administrator at 410-951-3792.