Employees are eligible to earn 11 holidays per year, or 12 holidays during a year of general or congressional elections, and any other special observance as required by the legislature and Governor. Part-time employees who are employed on at least a 50% full-time basis shall earn holiday leave on a pro-rated basis. All employees must be in a paid employment status on the calendar date that the holiday is earned in order to be eligible for holiday pay when the holiday is observed. Holiday leave is used according to the annual calendar published by the University. Contingent II employees are eligible for the same holiday leave as regular employees.
The file is in PDF format and requires the latest Adobe® Acrobat® Reader (free and downloadable) Plug-In. Please click the link below to view.
Annual leave with pay shall be available only to the extent earned, provided that the dates of such leave have been approved in advance by the employee's department head. A maximum of 50 work days of annual leave may be carried into a new calendar year by all regular full-time employees; this maximum will be pro-rated for part-time employees working 50% or more.
- Regular full-time Exempt employees and 12 month faculty earn 22 days of annual leave for each full year during the 1st through the end of the 20th year of service. Beginning with the 21st year of service annual leave shall be earned at the rate of 25 days per year. Regular part-time administrative personnel working 50% or more will earn annual leave on a pro-rated basis.
- Regular Non-Exempt Employees earn leave according to the following schedule. (Regular part-time non-exempt employees working 50% or more will earn annual leave on a pro-rated basis.)
- Beginning with the Date of Employment through completion of the 1st year: 11 days
- Beginning with the 2nd year through completion of the 2nd year: 12 days
- Beginning with the 3rd year through completion of the 3rd year: 13 days
- Beginning with the 4th year through completion of the 4th year: 14 days
- Beginning with the 5th year through completion of the 10th year: 15 days
- Beginning with the 11th year through completion of the 20th year: 20 days
- Beginning with the 21st year and thereafter: 25 days
- Contingent II employees receive 5 days of annual leave if employment begins at the beginning of the fiscal year. Otherwise, annual leave is prorated. Unused annual leave may not carry over to a new contract.
All full-time regular exempt, regular 12 month faculty and nonexempt employees shall receive three days (not to exceed 24 hours) of personal leave in each calendar year. Part-time regular employees working 50% or more shall receive personal leave on a pro-rated basis. Personal leave must be used by the first pay period following the calendar year in which it was granted. Contingent employees do not receive personal leave.
Full-time regular employees earn 15 days of sick leave per calendar year. Part-time regular employees who are employed on at least a 50% full-time basis shall earn sick leave on a pro-rated basis. Sick leave is accumulated and carried forward from year to year without limit. Contingent II employees receive 3 days of sick leave per contract. If employment begins after the beginning of the fiscal year, sick leave is prorated. Unused sick leave may carry over to a new contract, up to a maximum of 72 hours.