Registration and Borrowing
To register for borrowing materials:
- Students must have their current, validated photo identification card.
- Faculty and staff must present proof of employment at Coppin.
Note: Student borrowing privileges expire at the end of each semester. Students must come to the Circulation Desk to renew borrowing privileges.
The following users are eligible to borrow material from Moore Library:
- Coppin faculty, staff, and students
- Registered borrowers of the USMAI (University System of Maryland and Affiliated InstitutionsUSM campuses, Morgan State University, & St. Marys College of Maryland
- Coppin Alumni (with proof of alumni status from the Alumni Office)
Loans and Renewals
- 28 days for all registered borrowers except faculty
- One semester for faculty
- Items may be renewed if they have not been recalled
- Phone renewals are not accepted
- Items may be renewed online if they are not overdue.
- 50 cents per day per item
- Overdue items belonging to other libraries are charged at that librarys overdue rate
- Lost books: the cost of the book, plus a $25.00 processing fee to replace the lost copy. If book is returned, then a maximum fine of $15.00 will be assessed.
Note: Books may be returned at the Circulation Desk or dropped in the Book Depository located on the right wall at the front entrance.
The following items do not circulate outside the Moore Library:
- Reference materials
- Periodicals (magazines, journals, newspapers)
- Books from the African-American collection
- Reserve materials
Borrowing from USM Libraries
Requesting an item
To request an item from another library, you can go to Catalog USMAI. and follow instructions for Requesting an Item. You will be prompted to log on using your 14-digit barcode number on the back of the CSU ID card and your last name. You must activate your account to use your barcode. To activate your account you must register with the Circulations Department.
Note: You may only select an item that is not on the shelf at the library where you want to pick up the item.
Holds and Recalls
- Holds may be placed on any book in the USMAI Libraries that is available to circulate, and may be sent to Moore Library or any USMAI library of choice.
- Holds may not be placed on an item that is on the shelf in the Moore Library.
- Holds may take anywhere from 5 days to two weeks to be delivered.
- Recalls may be placed on items in circulation within the USMAI. Users have 14 days from the date of notice to return a recalled item. Fines will accrue on overdue recalls.
Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
Use this service to request books not available in catalog USMAI, and articles not available in full text from our Research Port databases or our periodical collection.
IMPORTANT: You must be a registered borrower to use this service; that is, you must sign up at the Circulation desk to have your library number (on the back of your ID card) entered into the library’s circulation system.
For additional information, please view the ILLiad Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions.
Off Campus Access
Most of the library's electronic resources permit access from off campus only to current Coppin State University students, faculty, and staff. Coppin users must authenticate with your 14-digit barcode number on the back of the CSU ID card. You must activate your account to use your barcode. To activate your account you must register with the Circulations Department.