Department Mail Delivery Procedures
Mail Delivery Schedule
Monday thru Friday
1st Delivery Starts 11:00 a.m.
2nd Delivery starts 2:00 p.m.
- USPS Mail, UPS, FedEx, DHL, other carriers packages and on- campus mail is delivered twice a day. The morning delivery is sorted and placed in the mailboxes, usually by 11:30 a.m. The afternoon delivery is sorted and placed in the mailboxes usually by 2:30 p.m.
- Resident students (letter/envelope) mail is delivered to their assigned mailbox. Students must come to the Mail Center to pick-up Special Services Packages.
- Mail prepared by departments to be metered through the Mail Center will be picked up daily from the departments designated mail drop within each building.
- Stamped mail should be kept separate from mail to be metered. The postage machine can only seal #10 (regular size) envelopes or 8 ½ x 11 (flats) envelopes. Due to this fact, all larger envelope or envelopes with flaps at the end must be sealed by the department.
- Postage will be applied to unstamped university mail via postage meter imprint in accordance with weight and destination rates. Postage will be applied only to mail identified as University correspondence. To facilitate assigning postage costs to the appropriate department, unstamped university mail must include the name of the department.
- Personal mail that is picked up will not be metered.
- To avoid delays in returned mail due to missing address and lack of postage, all personal mail must include the name and address of sender.
- Domestic & International mail must be separated by departments. If it is not separated in advance, the domestic rate may be applied incorrectly to international mail and cause delays in delivery and additional postage.
- Any mail that is not received during 11:00 am and 2:00 pm delivery may be brought to the Mail Center by 3:00 pm to have it processed and mailed the same day.
- If there is an emergency and you need postage applied after the 3:00 p.m. deadline, please contact the Mail Center, and if possible, we will assist you.
- Items received after 3:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day. All outgoing mail will be taken to the US Postal Service daily at 3:30 p.m.